Friday, January 29, 2010

Saturday Wordzzle Challenge, Week 97



This is week 97 of the Saturday Wordzzle Challenge. Anyone new to the process can refer back here to find out how it works. This week's words came to us courtesy of Argent at Delusion of Adequacy. I was going to get the challenge done early today (having gotten up extremely late), but I looked at the words and decided to take a break and hope that inspiration would come later. As I post this, inspiration remains at large and in hiding. Where is the muse when you need her?


This week's words were: teflon, idealistic, marshmallow, opportunistic, kittens, beef, sawing logs, slapped, tickled, scissors For the mini: ripen, shelve, laminate, goofy, Siamese



Well, I wasn't sure I was going to post anything today (actually it is 1:00 am as I finally thought of something to write, so today kind of came and went and it's already tomorrow) but I finally got a mega done. Hopefully on Saturday morning I''ll come up with the other two. We will see. I don't know if it's the words or me, but I had a very tough time this week even coming up with this one miserable offering. Yikes.


My mega:


Wes was asleep and sawing logs
Zoe was off to feed the hogs
Farming was not the life she'd dreamed
But alas it was her fate, it seemed
Shelved were once idealistic dreams
Lost to her parents' opportunistic schemes
Words like scissors had shredded her pride
Pushed her creative dreams aside
Slapped her down without a care
Indifferent to their child's despair
But a goofy man her heart retrieved
Saw her spirit and believed
Unlike her parents' teflon hearts
Wes's was one of many parts
Compassion for his woman's pain
A driving passion for her gain
Empathy for others' grief
No energy for holding "beefs"*
He had a love for Siamese kittens
Marshmallows, poetry and mittens
His easy laughter tickled her
His gentleness her heart did stir
The greatest treasure she possessed
A laminated poem by Wes
In which he vowed his love unending
And how he saw their beings blending
How love now rich would ripen more
As life together they would explore
How in his heart, he hers would keep
She smiled at him so deep in sleep
Her man, her lover, saint and boy
Source of her unending joy
And whispered in his dreaming ear
I love you, husband, may you hear
And feel and know my heart is true
And all my love I give to you
Today, tomorrow and ever after
In times of sorrow and of laughter
Thank you so for loving me
And soon my love we will be three


*I suspect that using the word "beef" to mean grudge is probably an Americanism. I was pretty desperate to find a way to fit it in.



10 word: ????? - maybe tomorrow

mini: ???? - maybe tomorrow




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Words for next week's 10-word challenge are:
treasure chest, idiom, pantry, crippled, baying wolf, wind chill, time, angel, salamander, laundry list


For the mini: risque, radish, ring tone, ravishing, ruler




Thanks for playing. For those who are new, here are some guidelines to make the process more fun.



Enjoy! See you next week!






DON'T FORGET TO ADD YOUR NAME TO MR. LINKY!!!!!




7 comments:

Argent said...

Well, if this is you having trouble with the words, I REALLY want to read you when you're not! I really like your mega-poem, the words fitted in really well - and rhymes too! We brits don't really use "beef" to mean grudge but we watch plenty of american TV so we are used to it. Apologies for the horrible words,BTW: I was also struggling with them.

Justin Freedom said...

This week I decided to do a Mega, and also I combined it with the Eve Friday Flash Fiction I participate in. Hope you all enjoy.

Astrum Arcanum: All Gummed Up

Larry said...

like I said last week I didn't think I was going to make it well last week I didn't I came by but nothing I figured everybody gave up on it but then tonight I left amessage in the comment box and I got a nice reply from argent telling me I was at the wrong spot . thanks again Argent that wqas sweet of you . okay I'm posted hope you all like this one . thanks Larry

Carletta said...

I LOVED this Raven!!!
A sweet, sweet ending.

DawnTreader said...

Out of inspiration, and then you come up with RHYMING POETRY!!! And telling a story at the same time. Wow, I'm impressed!

I too have been really struggling with inspiration lately. It was not so much the words for me this week as actually getting round to concentrate and just DO it. I was going to do it earlier in the week, but things got in the way. Then I was going to do it Friday, but I don't know what happened. Then I was going to do it yesterday, but then I was in totally the wrong mood... Well, here I am at last, anyway! :)

Stephen said...

I thought the mega poem was very nice. I'm glad that things worked out so well for the woman in it.

I'm running very, very late, but I have my stories up now.

Stephen from Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
http://stephen-has-spoken.blogspot.com/

Maude Lynn said...

I think this is wonderful!