Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Heads or Tails Tuesday


Well, I was determined this week to participate in Skittle's Heads or Tails Tuesday. Of course since I'm new at this game, this week, it seems to have appeared on Monday and have no tail. This week it is list 7 things, (isn't it? is that right?). I browsed around and decided I'd list seven movies that I have really, really loved. So... here goes.

1. Babette's Feast - probably my favorite movie ever. I cry at the end every time. It's subtitled. The music is beautiful. I love the faces of the actors and the subtlety of the performances, especially during the dinner.

2. A Passage to India

3. The Shawshank Redemption

4. Bend It Like Beckham

5. Monsoon Wedding

6. The Dead Poet's Society

7. Chocolat

There are probably other movies that I have liked better than some of these. Babette's Feast will probably always top my list.

So this is my first tail-less (headless?) Head's or Tails Tuesday. Thanks for inviting us to play, Skittles.

8 comments:

Misty DawnS said...

I LOVE The Shawshank Redemption!!! One of my favorite movies ever! I've watched it about 20 times (at least)

Barb said...

I think Shawshank rates in everyone's favorite movie list and rightly so! To think it came from a Stephen King short story and turned into such a masterpiece.

Chocolat was a fantastic movie. I need to watch it again. :)

Welcome to Heads Or Tails!!! I'm putting you on the blogroll right now. :)

Tumblewords: said...

I rarely see movies - However, I did see Chocolat on late night TV and only because I met the author and heard that the movie was great - it was.

Dianne said...

I have never seen Shawshank! Can you believe that!? And I haven't seen Babette's Feast either - I have some renting to do :)

Dead Poet's Society is absolutely riveting from start to finish and I really enjoyed Chocolat

Welcome to HoT - I'm a newbie too!

Phyl said...

Chocolat is one of my favorite all time movies!

I also love Face Off, Pretty Woman, Fievel Goes West...and lots more...lol.

Linda Murphy said...

I loved Shawshank and also enjoyed Bend it Like Beckham. Sadly, I haven't seen the others, but ones to add to my Netflix list.

Raven said...

Hi all... nice to meet you misty dawn, skittles, tumblewords & phyl... I'll hope on over and visit your sites shortly. Chocolat was such a rich movie in so many ways. tumblewords, I bet you'd like Babette's Feast too. It's based on an Isaak Dineson (I probably spelled that wrong) story. Shawshank is based on Stephen King and it really was a brilliant movie. I love Morgan Freeman and Tim Robbins. Which reminds me of another great movie that should have been on my list... DEAD MAN WALKING.... phyl, I'll check out Face Off and the Feivel movie. Dianne I think you will LOVE Babette's Feast. Passage to India is a bit old and pretty intense but I love Raj stuff, so...

Well, Skittles... this was fun. Thanks.

Andree said...

I've seen a few of those and its a great list. I would add Love Actually. A great movie! My HoT is here. Thank you.