Monday, April 05, 2010

Bad News, Awesome News and Less Good News

The bad news is that Nate wasn't able to fix my old computer - at least not so that it would work well.

The awesome news is that my friend Dan bought himself a new computer and has given me his "old" one which is considerably younger than mine was and way cooler. It's a Sony Vaio with Pentium D and lots of capacity. Very cool. And it works, which is also very cool. I still have to reinstall some programs and get myself caught up.

The less good news is that, although I'm feeling a bit better today, I've had the flu. My voice is barely there, I'm coughing and aching and generally feeling pretty sorry for myself.

Took a few pictures and did some reading during my cyber exile, but I haven't got things set up yet to share anything.

I'll try to catch up on things and post wordzzles on Friday, but that's the news I have for the moment.

Thanks for good wishes and for the faithful wordzzlers. My apologies for vanishing for such a long spell.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

I am sad you have been sick. I hope you feel better.

Janie B said...

I'm sorry you've been so sick. That is a terrible way to greet Spring. Take care of yourself, and enjoy your "new" computer!

quilly said...

I'm so glad you have a computer. I've been wondering how you're doing.

DawnTreader said...

Glad you got a new computer.
I've just bought a new one too and besides that I've had other things piling up on me for a while so I've actually not done the last wordzzle yet either, I just haven't found the right sort of concentration. Still hoping to catch up about the same time as you!

gabrielle said...

Welcome back! Hope you had a restful vacation.

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well – seasonal transitions sometimes bring sniffles of one kind or another. Take good care and hope you are feeling better soon.

Congrats on your new computer! Looking forward to reading your stories and thoughtful posts again.