Monday, July 02, 2012

Daily Reminder # 704


The back yard has had numerous feline visitors. The youngster above looks very much like his mother (I'm assuming) who also likes to lounge on my deck and scare the birds and chipmunks.  What really bugs me is that nobody - except a few very skittish birds who seem afraid of their own shadows - is even slightly frightened of me. Chipmunks don't even pause in their vacuuming up of seeds, and the cats give me looks of such incredible disdain that it almost hurts my feelings.  Other than that it has been hot. Not as hot as yesterday but it's still oppressive. Still, reading about all those people whose homes are burning or those who have the came kind of heat or worse and no electricity, I must count myself very lucky.





I keep thinking I had something important that I wanted to talk about but I can no longer remember what it was. Something serious and weighty and redolent with meaning... Senility, maybe. The folly of the idiots who deny the reality of climate change. Politics. My inability to get my act together and get things installed, my anxiety about Angel's lump, my anxiety about what Angel's lump may cost to tend to (she seems fine, I just don't like mystery lumps growing in my kitty).... anyway. I have no idea what I wanted to talk about, so I'm just going to post some more pictures and  gratitude and go play some stupid computer games.







Some things I'm grateful for today:  (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an effort to befriend, embrace, entice, invoke and otherwise find abundance... and to make friends with the Creative Forces of the Universe in hopes that they will help me manifest material, emotional and all forms of life's abundant goodness.)
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my home
  • Coffee and Int'l Delight
  • coconut oil
  • granola bars
  • water
  • a wet cloth on the back of my neck
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • Vitamin D-3
  • Vitacost.com
  • Ebates
  • Pandora radio
  • my awesome Bose speakers
  • the joy of listening
  • the joy of singing
  • electricity
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my rock collection
  • did I mention fans?
  • the colors of the rainbow
  • pasta
  • cheese
  • paper towels
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • email
  • computer games
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the MUTE button
  • Netflix
  • my camera
  • the moon
  • the view from my front window
  • my back yard
  • stray cats (they are annoying but pretty)
  • words
  • poetry
  • ideas
  • inspiration
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • grass and flowers and birds
  • lavender
  • white sage
  • peppermint
  • sight
  • taste
  • touch
  • hearing
  • smell
  • breath
  • my body
  • my grabber
  • my chair/walker
  • my cane
  • that my legs still wobble me around with help
  • my electric toothbrush
  • Listerine
  • my kitchen
  • the refrigerator
  • indoor plumbing
  • Nintendo
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • more flowers/landscaping in the back yard
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • a ceiling fan in the bedroom - getting it installed
  • a safe, affordable way to hook my dryer up now that I have one
  • company/companionship
  • thermal blinds for the front window
  • a new (Dutch) front door
  • help rearranging my furniture (got some excellent new ideas)
  • a gathering of friends for my 65th birthday in next Tuesday
  • more paying reiki clients
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH or a million a year or some other large sum of money
  • winning lottery numbers
  • a truckload of cash (big bills)
  • a paid off mortgage
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • lower interest rates
  • one or more whistling vessel gatherings
  • clean windows
  • a mattress for the guest bedroom
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles 
  • Dennis Puffett
  • the colors of the rainbow
  • my friends
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy, healthy and successful
  • kind neighbors
  • Dr. Bronner soaps
  • Dr. Ihhiru probiotic soap
  • resilience
  • determination
  • a nice exchange of emails with an old friend
  • Amazon.com (ordered cat litter)
  • Advil
  • Google
  • SKYPE
  • YouTube
  • the telephone
  • imagination
  • inspiration
  • words
  • ideas
  • an education
  • my microwave
  • my refrigerator and it's freezer
  • the giant ice cubes I have made for cooling the air (not sure they help but I feel like I have done something)
  • matches
  • hope
  • possibilities
  • things I'm forgetting
  • things I am grateful for in private
  • love
  • laughter
  • life
WISHING YOU A SPLENDID DAY!

No comments: