Friday, April 04, 2008

Honored

Well, it's a rainy day and was I not very happy with my post today and I'm tired and generally just a big whine and then along came The Teach and infused some sunshine and gratitude into my the situation. This graphically beautiful award was created by Greatfullivin at the Gratitude Journal blog. I'll let you go visit her site for the full description, but here's an exceprt from her description:

"... Gratitude ...is not about a passive attitude. It’s about learning. It’s about seeing things different, having new eyes! Gratitude is about keeping that happy positive outlook on life…even when things don’t go the way we want them to. It is not about giving in, lying down or accepting everybody else’s rules it’s about making your own rules!... Gratitude IS Attitude!"

A
nyway, many thanks to The Teach for thinking of me and reminding me on a day when I was feeling more frustrated than grateful that I can choose how I feel about life, living ... and even today. And many thanks also to everybody who visits Raven's Nest and leaves a kind word of reassurance or recognition.

I'd like to pass this award on to a few special people. I
haven't been around the blogosphere for that long but am choosing five people who seem to me to embody generosity and gratitude in their daily living and who have been very kind to me in my daily blogging.

Dianne at Forks Off the Road

Jay at Bailey's Buddy


Linda at These are the Days

Michael at Michael Manning.TV

Kim at Ramblings of 40-Something Empy Nester


There are so many others who are deserving but I can't choose everyone. Awards make me really happy and also kind of anxious, so I have not yet really dealt with another award I received in the past week - the E for Excellent Award - that Dianne so generously nominated me for (and compared me to Katherine Hepburn o
f all people... how cool is that?) So... I thought I'd pass THAT award on to the following people:


To Sandy Carlson and Andree - for One Single Impression, a blog which offers a weekly haiku prompt and spurred my imagination and creativity with one word each week.

Billy at Chapter and Verse already has an E is for Excellence, but he's such a good poet - and he compliments my poetry. I love compliments.

Michael at Everything in Particular because he has a great sense of humor and a passion for supporting his friends.

Michelle at Full-Soul-Ahead because she shares from her heart and it is a heart full of love.


Guess that's it... Getting awards is an exhausting responsibility and very hard on me because I want to give one to EVERYBODY so nobody's feelings get hurt. I didn't add my wonderful nieces to this list, though I added them in my heart.

Diana has three blogs: Vegan Girl, High Tech Survivor and Food Scout which is an awesome website with a blog attached to it. And Cindy has three also: Life in my Noggin, Team Wines and Sc2toggers which she and Linda (snoopmurph) are not (been very quiet there lately) co-writing.


8 comments:

Michael Serafin-St. John said...

Raven, I am HUGELY honored by this award, which is so kind and generous of you...but like Forrest Gump says, or would say, if the subject ever came up, "Goodness is as goodness does", so it is right down your alley. By Gump definition, you are a Truly Good Person.

I hope that these poor words begin to express my feelings, the depth of which only you know, I guess, but it always feels a little better when somebody comes out and actually says what a person waits so long to hear.

I won't be overly long or windy here, even though I tend to, because then my sentiments might seem to turn like sugared milk in the sun. So read between the lines for me, if you will, and accept this THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Andree said...

Thank you so much, Raven. It's been gratifying work doing One Single Impression and it's always wonderful to hear praise. I want you to know that your poems inspire me personally. I'm so glad that you participate.

Greatfullivin said...

I am just thrilled to see this award being payed forward! I am glad it came to you on a day you needed it! Thanks so much for the kind words and the link!

Linda Murphy said...

Thank you for your award - I feel very honored to be your friend.

And may I just say how grateful I am that you started blogging?!? You are gracing all of us with your words and gentle encouragement-so thank you.

maryt/theteach said...

Raven, I'm glad I was able to brighten your day! You brighten my day by offering the Saturday Wordzzle Challenge!
maryt/theteach

Geraldine said...

Isn't it great to be recognized for our talents and work, especially when it's something we love to do. Congrats to you Raven! Glad I found my way here.

www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.kfarbair.com][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/_photos/photo_big7.jpg[/img][/url]

מלון [url=http://www.kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] - שירות חדרים אנחנו מספקים שירותי אירוח מיוחדים גם ישנו במקום שירות חדרים המכיל [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/eng/index.html]אחרוחות רומנטיות[/url] במחירים מפתיעים אשר יוגשו ישירות לחדרכם...

לפרטים נא גשו לאתרנו - [url=http://kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/contact.html][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/apixel.gif[/img][/url]

Anonymous said...

bet on sports, bet football, foootball betting
bet online online sports betting betting online