Thursday, August 06, 2009

The Back Yard Giveth

The back yard has been in a very generous mood.... yesterday afternoon we had visits from the following.... of course most of them arrived as the light was fading and hung out too far away for clear shots, but still, it was a pretty awesome day.


Chunky Chuck the wood chuck passed by...

The blue jays, who haven't visited much stopped in...




The was a SCARLET TANAGER!!!!!


I think this is a Cat Bird, though I'm not too sure of that...



And even though you can barely see it, not only did we have a Scarlet Tanager, we had a BALTIMORE ORIOLE... on the same afternoon! Yee haa!



And in the morning Tiny Bunny came close enough to be photographed...




As well as this sweet little guy....






Have a great day! I hope you'll take some time and listen to the video below too.


8 comments:

Dianne said...

wow!! chunky chuck is quite chunky ;)

all your visitors are adorable and your shots are excellent

I hope you're feeling brighter and better

Hope sends Auntie Raven giant sloppy kisses and tiny little hugs

quilly said...

I love the photos! You must live in a nature preserve!

Janie B said...

Great shots! Birds are such happy creatures. They are my favorites, but that's a really cute bunny!

San said...

Wow, Katherine, your yard is a nature conservancy. Sanctuary to all of critterdom.

goddessof4 said...

What a great Yard!!!!

Carletta said...

You got birds I've never seen! :)

Felisol said...

Dear Raven,
Your garden must be the bird's paradise.
I guess they are great musical performers too.
When I visit my birth home where my mother still lies, I got up to the attic, open the window of my "maiden chamber", and just listen to the birds and the ever running river.
Your pictures made me want to go home!
Form Felisol

Linda Murphy said...

Hi there! I seem to come by when there are happy critters adorning your posts, which I find good timing on my part.

I hope you are doing well. Just checking in on you!