Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ted Kennedy

I was trying to think about what to say about Ted Kennedy, a man I greatly admired, a man who has done great good for this nation on many fronts, who suffered much, made some horrible mistakes, but learned from them.

As someone whose life was shattered by losing one sibling to murder, I cannot imagine the kind of pain Mr. Kennedy had to overcome and I cannot help but admire that he never lost his compassion for his friends and colleagues but more than that, he never lost his compassion for the citizens of this country.

I thought maybe the best tribute I could give - since Health Care was his greatest passion - was to let him speak in his own words:




I hope you'll take time to listen to the Canadian video below. It's really excellent and informative.

Rest in Peace, Lion of the Senate. You were a gift to the nation and you presence will be missed.

7 comments:

Akelamalu said...

Nice tribute Raven

PhilipH said...

Very fitting tribute. The Kennedy clan seemed utterly cursed in many ways, starting with the murder of JFK.

RIP Ted.

storyteller said...

Excellent idea. The Kennedy family has been in my thoughts and prayers all day too.
Hugs and blessings,

Janie B said...

Here,Here! He will be missed.

Unknown said...

Lovely!

Deborah Godin said...

Yes, very much missed.

Carletta said...

Sadly, the curtain closes on Camelot.