Thursday, August 27, 2009

I've Got the Best Friends!!


Well, it's been a pretty cool day. Talked with the contractor and if all goes well, they will do my bathroom next week. Yes! Next week! It's really happening. He has ordered the flooring and the shower stall and the sink and toilet. I'd have had to wait 2-6 weeks for the sink I liked so I went with something else. Don't like it as much but this one quite nice too and it's available now, so it wins... and I'm still getting the toilet I like. So that was all pretty exciting.

Then, a few weeks back my Nate and Dan told me that they had a "surprise" coming for me. That's all that they would say. Not even a clue until yesterday when Dan (who is terrible at keeping secrets) added that it was "something I had said I wanted for my kitchen." Still I had no idea. Tonight they came by with my surprise and surprise me they did! One of their neighbors was moving and asked them if they knew anyone who might like this table. It's mine now. Replacing the garden table my kind friend Kim gave me 3 years ago when I moved into my house. That table has served well and Nate and Dan are going to use it in their yard so it is already instantly repurposed.

Anyway, here' are some photos...

Don't know if you can see it, but there's the green garden table
Kim gave me behind the new one...



Dan finishing assembling it...
Ta Da....
Can you see why I'm so glad that this floor is going to be replaced?
And isn't my new table beautiful?

Here's the linoleum I've chosen to replace it. Kitchen renovations are a month or so off still.
It's by Armstrong... as is what I chose for the bathroom.


Speaking of kitchen renovations... everyone should have friends like Nate and Dan. They are getting a new refrigerator and giving me the one they have now. It's much larger than mine, at least 5 or 6 years younger and has a bottom loading freezer! Cross another item off my wish list!

Dan also started the process of emptying the closet next to the bathroom. They will need to do water pipe stuff through there for both the bathroom renovations and the kitchen. Clearing it out has been on my wish list for a long time so that's kind a blessing in disguise (for me, anyway... not for Dan). I hadn't realized that he has to work tonight, so they came with my table, worked on my closet and then headed off for work. I feel very lucky.


May you all be blessed with friends as kind as mine,
with beauty and love in abundance
and with all good things!


9 comments:

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

I am rejoicing with you. Your table is beautiful!

DawnTreader said...

So glad for you. Nice friends, and beautiful table! :) And it's a really good feeling when you get to choose the floors, wallpapers etc that you like.

Quilly said...

You have an abundance of blessings: a yard like a park; great friends, new remodeling, a gorgeous new table and US!

Akelamalu said...

I absolutely LOVE that table! I'm so pleased you have such good friends. :)

Melli said...

YAYYYYYY! I have ALWAYS wanted a table like that! You ARE blessed to get it - and especially for FREE! You are right... you have GREAT friends! :)

Sooooooo... the construction is finally going to begin! How EXCITING! I can not WAIT to see! I know it's going to be awesome! BOTH of the floors you chose are beautiful!

sgreerpitt said...

wonderful friends!

Diana said...

That's amazing! What a wonderful gift!!!

Janie B said...

How lovely! Great friends and a beautiful table! I would love a table like that one. Congrats on getting your room renovation finally. Nothing lifts the spirits more than room changes. I think I may go rearrange some furniture!

Unknown said...

So fabulous! Love, love, love the table!!!! And so thrilled the old one is going to good use!

Just got back from a weekend of adult camp at Camp Shankitunk. Too tired to think right now...will write more after I've had a good night's sleep!

Congrats on the work on the bathroom starting!