Friday, August 21, 2009

Saturday Wordzzle Challenge: Week 77



This is week 77 of the Saturday Wordzzle challenge. Anyone new to the process can refer back here to find out how it works. Agggh.. my brain is on the fritz. I'm going to post this with just my maxi (because that's all I've written) and hopefully will post the 10 word and mini later tonight or tomorrow.... Ok.. 11:00 pm and I have filled in the missing two. Whew. Looking forward to reading what others came up with.



The words for this week's ten word challenge were: blind panic, apartment, fleas, soap operas, cajun cooking, free and easy, legal, sangria, public school, new For the mini challenge: class, calendar, keeping secrets, boring, fashion


Ten word:

Kate sat in her new apartment drinking sangria, watching soap operas and a cooking show about cajun cooking in hopes of avoiding the blind panic she was feeling on discovering that her poor little kitty was being eaten alive by fleas. She had read all the directions and the legal disclaimers on the Free and Easy flea powder. Free and Easy, she thought, was a stupid name for the stuff. It wasn't free and as far as she was concerned, it wasn't easy either. The directions on the package had clearly been written by someone who had dropped out of public school in the first or second grade, if they had gone at all. Kitty did seem to be feeling better, though and the sangria had both relaxed Kate and given her an appetite. She wondered if there was somewhere she could order cajun food to be delivered. The big city had its flaws, but delivery made up for a lot.


The mini:


Keeping secrets, Amanda Calendar thought, was boring, boring, boring. What was the point of good gossip and exciting news if you weren't allowed to tell it? Her mother told her it was wrong and unkind to tell stories about other people, whether they were true or not. Gossiping, she had said, was low class. But as far as Amanda could tell, the gossipy girls in school were all rich and popular and dressed at the height of fashion, so she didn't think her mother was right about that.



My maxi:

Blind panic, important date
Not free and easy... I'm running late
Cat has fleas, the apartment's a mess
I spilled sangria on my new dress
I've known big Mac since public school
Adoring him was my golden rule
He was so handsome it shouldn't be legal
Me, I was shy and tried to act regal
I had no skill or sense of fashion
Insecure, I hid my passion
Buried myself in boring classes
A pathetic nerd - I even wore glasses
Years on the calendar have moved on by
The world has changed and so have I
I'm considered to be quite good looking
I've mastered the art of cajun cooking
But here's the news that's so exciting
After college I took up writing
My name shows up in soap opera credits
Keeping Secrets is the show I edit
Big Mac's an actor and wants a part
Alas, he still holds the key to my heart
I mustn't revert to days of yore
And remember I'm awkward and shy no more
Who knows love may spring in his heart at last
And in the role of husband he'll soon be cast.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Next Week's Ten Word Challenge will be: records, impulsive, really cool, bread crumbs, angels, Sponge Bob, magical moment, back and forth, suffering, good fences make good neighbors



For the mini challenge: side effects are generally mild, clingy, rooster, samples, curiosity




Thanks for playing. For those who are new, here are some guidelines to make the process more fun.



Enjoy! See you next week.


DON'T FORGET TO ADD YOUR NAME TO MR. LINKY!!!!!



15 comments:

Argent said...

Haha! what a great poem! I keep forgetting that we can do poems with these words. Yours was really good, though, so coherent.

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

Wonderful poem you have written

with the Muse you must have been bitten

Great use of all the words above
Your poem is one to love

Thanks again for doing this, j

MommyWizdom said...

Oh, so very good! I hope I can do as good a job as you!!

MommyWizdom

MommyWizdom said...

Okay, mine's up! Can I tell you how much fun that was to write?!
Everything just fell into place; the photo and the words!

*huge grin*

Have a great week!

MommyWizdom

Quilly Unshuttered said...

The mini made me laugh and the poem impressed me! Great Worddzling, Raven.

Richard said...

You waxed poetic you waxed romantic and told a story of love unrequited. Amazing.

DawnTreader said...

Well done with the poem! :)

Reston Friends! said...

I do hope Amanda will learn the truth about those gossipy girls before she gets hurt too badly!

Love the poem as well...but tell your narrator to hold firm. It's great that she sees him for what he wants!

Dr.John said...

Three great stories. Top of your form. But the poem. It was as good as one can get working with words that have to be included. I read it three times.

Fandango said...

We dragons try to write a poem with your words every week. We know how hard it is. So today we salute you.
You are the creative word genius.
The other two were good as well.

Argent said...

Aha, you have added a mini and a 10-worder. I don't think your brain can be on the fritz, all three pieces this week were great.

Anonymous said...

Poor kitty, makes me feel guilty that I missed my Kitty's flea treatment. your mega is quite creative.

gabrielle said...

Breezy mini. I know it well since Emma has crossed the Rubicon into her teens.

I'd like an order of red beans and rice, please.

Kudos to the wordzzle queen!



.

Akelamalu said...

I absolutely love the maxi poem!

Sorry I didn't play again. It's strange I seem to have less time whilst I'm on holiday than when I'm working!

Stephen said...

The third story, the poem, was very good. I felt a sense of urgency in it, and excitement and tension, and hope for the future. I also liked the other two stories, especially the mini.

I have my own stories up now.

Stephen from Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
http://stephen-has-spoken.blogspot.com/