Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Daily Reminder # 170

Scraping the bottom of the picture pile tonight. Sorry


Well, Neale Donald Walsh's message from God was a really good one today. It's something I tell other people, something I came to believe with my head a long time ago, though as with most wisdom, part of me gets it and part of me has horrifically cruel nonsense embedded in my psyche and maybe even in my "bones."  


With my therapist yesterday, I got stuck in one of those beliefs that is so deeply imprinted on me that even tough I know things I think are untrue, I also don't know it and carry them with passionate conviction. Yesterday, the subject was about me committing the crime - and I mean that quite seriously, that's the way my unconscious and the channeled voice of my mother see it - of purchasing the chair that I'm sitting on. Or food that is not the cheapest in the catalog or isn't pure nutrition. I am after all, poor. Eighty-seven of the dollars I spend on food each month comes from food stamps. I should be living on gruel and pasta. If I spend money on myself and don't send a donation to the Office for the Aging or pay off all my debts, I am not just foolish, I am evil and selfish and stealing from the common weal. I have sat for 8 years on a chair that was uncomfortable and that felt like it couldn't hold my weight because I thought it was selfish of me to want one that was designed for my weight. I know with part of me that this was not a frivolous purchase. But OH MY, the other voices in my head are outraged. I feel a need to apologize for anything I get for myself. I used to feel this way even when I was out in the world earning money at a job. If I had something or got something for myself that someone else didn't have, guilt of ownership often over-rode any pleasure. But I'm rambling and way off subject from what Neale and God have to say. Well sort of off subject. Sort of on.




I used to tell myself and others (still do, I guess) that you can't make wrong decisions, you can only make the best choice you know how to at the moment. And you can't second guess the choices you do make because you don't actually know that things would have turned out different or better. Could have been worse. So anyway, I'm done rambling now. Here's what today's What God Wants you to Know....

On this day of your life, dear friend, 
I believe God wants you to know...
..that you cannot make a mistake, you can only
make a decision that will be your next best step.

There is no reason to hesitate when you know
that you have nothing to lose. And losing is not
an act of God, it is a thought in the mind of
humans.

Get rid of the thought and you get rid of doubt.
Ride your Wisdom to Victory.

You will not have to think but a second to know
exactly why you received this message today.



Some things I am grateful for today:

  • apples
  • orange pineapple smoothies
  • my microwave
  • food
  • water
  • my home
  • Netflix
  • laughter
  • reiki
  • angels
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • batteries
  • imagination
  • mail
  • my cane
  • my red chair
  • options/choices
  • my therapist
  • Neale Donald Walsh
  • music
  • hope
  • possibilities
  • life


Have a Wonderful Day
May all your Choices Come Easy

No comments: