Sunday, November 28, 2010

Daily Reminder # 181



I have to confess to not being in the holiday spirit right now. I don't have money to pay for my bills none-the-less buy gifts for anybody. Decorating isn't that much fun. I have the holiday blahs and the holidays have barely set in.  It was also really cold here today. We even had some snow, though it didn't stick. Hopefully this mood will pass. Don't have any good photos either. Just more tree branches from yesterday's shots. It's time, I think, to cling dust off my "thank you for everything" mantra and remind myself that the best things in life sometimes emerge from shadow.... and that shadow has its own virtues.  So... Thank you for everything. I have no complaints whatsoever. (she said right after complaining). Still, I recommend this mantra. I find it really helps.






Some things I'm grateful for today:

  • my home
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • music
  • television
  • free game downloads
  • my SSD
  • my furnace
  • a visit from Shannon
  • reiki
  • angels
  • clouds
  • snow that doesn't stick
  • indoor plumbing
  • water in abundance
  • catalogs
  • pie
  • cheese
  • apples
  • legs to carry me
  • sam-e
  • gogi berry juice
  • coconut oil
  • friends
  • mail
  • netflix
  • laughter
  • life


Wishing You a Lovely Day!

3 comments:

Janie B said...

Nice mantra. I may use it myself!

San said...

My day is lovely, thanks to having read these gratitude reminders, Raven.

quilly said...

The tree branches have their own beauty -- as do cold days and hard times. In fact, some of my most treasured memories happened because of hard times -- not that I appreciated it at the time.