Monday, November 15, 2010

Daily Reminder # 168

I know I posted tree branches yesterday too
but the clouds were more interesting today and
I don't have anything else really.
Just gratitude again this evening. I did a second marathon day of Lie to Me. Season 2 is now behind me. I think this qualifies as addiction. Season 3 isn't available for instant viewing yet, so hopefully I will return to the land of the living tomorrow, though I fear I may experience some withdrawal symptoms. 






I want to thank those of you who have asked about Frenemy. I replied in the comments but since I almost never do that, probably nobody saw my answer.  I always feel kind of bad about not replying to comments, but I also tend to think that most people don't check back (because I don't) so it seems like a kind of futile exercise to me... and also I always think that if I reply to one person, then I have to reply to everyone and sometimes all there is to say is thank you and that just seems kind of obvious or proforma or something so it makes me even more uncomfortable than not answering.... But back the the subject of Frenemy. We are estranged and she/it is living in a corner of my kitchen. She may get to be a clothes rack since my wooden rack broke and now can only hold about 4 items which is a nuisance. Walking with her just made me feel even more anxious, so I'm back to using my red kitchen chair. I would probably been better off not going for fancy wheels and brakes and stuff. I may give her another try, but for now she feels like a waste of $70 and a physical and psychological failure. Such is life. Still, you never know about things unless you try. The red chair has the virtue that I can sit down if I get tired. Frenemy had a seat but I don't think it would hold me. And the shame mounts. So it goes.  Back to more positive things. And thanks for asking and caring.






Some things I'm grateful for today:

  • my red chair
  • people who care
  • netflix instant viewing/Lie to Me Season 2
  • a fine dinner
  • the sound of purring
  • water
  • teeth
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • vitamins
  • sam-e
  • my cane
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • reiki
  • angels
  • my home
  • friends
  • beauty
  • my camera
  • birds
  • tree branches and clouds (again)
  • Life


Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

quilly said...

Thank you for telling me about Frenemy. I thought it might be something like that. I believe she is more sturdy than you give her credit for, but my sister shares your sentiment about her frenemy, so I could be wrong.

I am answering comments on my blog less and less. I don't think people return to read them like they used to. In fact, I don't have as many readers as I used to. I guess I am more boring these days. I sure know that I am boring ME!

Kate said...

It's a great show, right? My husband and I will watch tonight as soon as my son goes to sleep.