Friday, July 22, 2011

Daily Reminder # 415

It remains miserably hot here. Not sleeping well. Spending most of the sitting with a wet towel on my head or neck and whining about misery. I try to remind myself that there are many parts of the country (and world) that are much hotter and worse off than my little house in Hancock. But I whine anyway. It's too hot to sit by my back door and I'm guessing the birds and bunnies are keeping to the shade as much as they can anyway, so... just a video and some gratitude.  My great nephew Trevor (age 7) is a big fan of Captain America. Being a dedicated great aunt, I like to try and keep up with things sister's children and her children's children like, so I'm now a fan of Captain America too. The country is such a mess at the moment, that it's nice to fun to remember when there was more innocence and idealism and less fanaticism and political gamesmanship.  Speaking of movies, though, I watched a movie the other night called Made in Dagenham. I HIGHLY recommend it. Highly. 





Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an attempt to persuade the Creative Forces of the Universe to hear and respond to my hopes, dreams and needs.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • electricity
  • FANS,
  • FANS
  • FANS
  • giant ice cubes
  • iced tea
  • water
  • wet cloths on my head and neck
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • music
  • ear phones
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • my rock collection
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • Vitamin D-3
  • IP-6
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are well and happy
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • indoor plumbing
  • more flowers in my back yard
  • a clothes dryer
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • Nintendo
  • new curtains
  • blinds for the front window
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • paid off mortgage
  • sun room on the back of the house
  • ceiling fan installed in the bedroom
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • my chair/walker
  • my cane
  • that my legs still get me from room to room
  • AIM
  • SKYPE
  • my President
  • ideas
  • inspiration
  • words
  • poetry
  • wordzzles
  • music
  • Pandora radio
  • the joy of singing
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • resilience
  • determination
  • computer games
  • laughter
  • hope
  • love
  • life

MAY YOUR DAY BE HAPPY AND FULL OF HEROES

No comments: