Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Daily Reminder # 114

Angel plays queen of the mountain.


Face your fears.... ish....  


Ok... late this afternoon I worked up my courage and my determination and got the Frenemy out of it's box. As you can see, Angel liked having a nice tall box to sit on. She and Tara had some fun and some fights over its massive emptiness ones the THING was out of it. It was pretty easy to put together, though I'm not sure about some things. 

Sorry there's so much clutter that it's kind of
hard to see.  Isn't Tara cute?
I took it on a slow roll around the room and have to say that I'm more scared of it at present than thrilled with how much easier it is to get around.  I guess I need to practice and decide on the height of the handle bars and things like that. I tried taking it into the bathroom and it doesn't seem to fit through the door, though it fits the bedroom door. Haven't tried the kitchen. We will see.  I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't have gone with wheels. I might have been safer with the other kind. Sigh. We will see. One step at a time. One day at a time.

Raphael Emmanuel bear - my reiki bear - tested out the seat.
It only holds 250 pounds so I probably won't try it. The
warnings are very dire if you sit more than 250 pounds on it.
I don't know what I weigh but I'm not taking any chances.
At least that much, unfortunately.


On another note, I'm sorry that I'm a day late with this - but today was supposed to be an International Day of Peace and Care2 shared some good peace songs. This is more a little mini movie/song, but I thought I'd share it as my belated contribution.  I think it's quite wonderful. I also post a belated happy FOURTEENTH wedding anniversary to my niece Cindy and her husband Rick. Wow. How can they have been married 14 years when they are still children in my  mind?





Some things I'm grateful for today:

  • my new walker... sort of
  • encouragement from friends - cyber and "real" (I know cyber friends are real just I haven't met them)
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • Angels
  • reiki
  • My home
  • Food in my freezer
  • my microwave oven
  • bananas
  • Life
  • those who strive for peace
  • International Peace Day


PEACE!

No comments: