Friday, September 17, 2010

Daily Reminder # 109

Well, I got my days confused... I was convinced today was Friday even though a wide variety of things were telling me that it is Thursday... Well technically, I guess this will post and the dawn of Friday so I'm still sort of confused, but I think of this as my Thursday post.  By the way... if you're looking for the Weekly Wordzzle Challenge, please scroll down to find it.


Anyway, I used my creativity up on Wordzzles today so I'm just going to post another song and tomorrow morning I'll add the announcements from the Daily Show and John Stewart about their October 30th gatherings in Washington, D.C.  


Meanwhile... here are a couple of songs sung by the exquisite voice of Marion Anderson.  One of the most beautiful pieces of music I ever heard was her singing Brahms' Alto Rhapsody. I found it on YouTube (gotta love YouTube). It's long, so I decided not to post it, but to share the links for Part 1 and Part 2 (which is the part I really like).







And a Paul Robeson for good measure.



Some things I'm grateful for today:

  • having my wordzzles for the week behind me
  • that today was only Thursday
  • music
  • Marian Anderson
  • laughter
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • possibilities
  • water
  • indoor plumbing
  • mail that's delivered to my door (and picked up there)
  • friends
  • life
  • legs that still wobble me across a room


HAVE A GREAT DAY

No comments: