Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Daily Reminder # 338



I was going to share a Neale Donald Walsh message tonight, but I think I'll just do photos and gratitude instead. It was an interesting day in the back yard, but photographically frustrating. Frustration didn't stop me from taking over a hundred photos, though. Just egged me on.  I don't know if it's the orange cat making visits to my yard or just a mood, but while there were some really cool birds, hardly anybody visited my feeder and nobody stayed. The neighbor's feeder, however had way cool guests as did my flowering quince. And we had a bunny. So my inner photographer is pretty happy even though there were no opportunities for close-ups. I learned a new bird today. The orchard oriole. Darned thing blends right into the foliage and is really hared to catch, but... And there was what is apparently called a Red Bellied woodpecker even though it's belly is white. And hummingbirds... I even thought I saw a bumble bee. Might have been wishful thinking. I miss bees so much. I pray for them every day.  But it was a good day at the back door.  I'm going to post too many pictures again... because I can, not because they are good or worth posting really, just it thrills me to see these things so I like to share my delight.

This is a red-bellied wood pecker... I think.



Grackles are still collecting grass. They are supposed to
be pests but they like to sing and that makes me like them.
I love these purple flowers. Weeds are good.
If you look closely you'll see a hummingbird. They are
so darned fast. By the time I find them with the camera
they have flitted off to the next flower.
I love the flowering quince and so do the birds. I wish
I could add another quince to my yard.
I think I'd put it right in the center.
My forsythia bush is a scraggly mess, but it's the yellow
blossoms make me happy anyway.
For some reason I just love these catbirds. There's just
something kind of sweet and gentle about them.  They
aren't flashy or anything, but I just really like seeing them.


This bird is called and Orchard Oriole. A little less
flashy than it's Baltimore cousin, but pretty and  not prone
to sitting still or where he can be photographed easily.



The orange one visited at the end of the day. Seems we are on his/her route.
Bunny visited. Stuck to the far end of the yard, but it was a long,
leisurely visit with lots of grass munching and a long nap.

Some things I'm grateful for today:
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • bunnies
  • chipmunks
  • wood peckers
  • cat birds
  • cardinals
  • chickadees
  • gold finches
  • blue jays
  • orioles
  • robins
  • crows
  • sparrows
  • forsythia
  • flowering quince
  • purple flowers
  • a bumble bee
  • my camera
  • my back yard
  • my bird feeder
  • my neighbor's bird feeder
  • my camera
  • my computer
  • open windows
  • electricity
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • water
  • a clothes dryer
  • winning lottery numbers
  • more flowers in my back yard
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • Nintendo
  • a paid off mortgage
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • a truckload of money!
  • a Bose sound system
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • Netflix
  • reiki
  • angels
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my microwave
  • peach/mango yogurt smoothies
  • email
  • mail
  • the ability to read and write
  • ibuprofen
  • Sam-e
  • Vitamin D-3
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • the colors of the rainbow
  • eyes/sight/beauty
  • ear/hearing/music
  • taste/food
  • touch/kitty fur and lots of other things
  • smell/white sage/food/peppermint soap etc.
  • the ability to think
  • the ability to type
  • ideas
  • words
  • laughter
  • my friends
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • imagination
  • resilience
  • hope
  • love
  • life

WISHING YOU A GLORIOUS DAY!

No comments: