Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Daily Reminder #359

Greedy George, Master Thief
Just gratitude today and the story of Greedy George aka the Chipmunk Bird. The back yard was quiet today, by and large, except for Gwendolyn Chipmunk's co-specian, George. Gwendolyn is content to partake of the abundant seeds dropped by birds. George wants it all and has figured out a way to get it. Chauncey Woodchuck spent a little time late in the day and a few birds were around. But mostly it was a George day. One cool thing that happened is that I remembered that my camera has a video feature and I took some video. The not so cool part is that I didn't think to correct the habit of holding the camera in different positions so much of the video of George is upside down and sideways... and I'm having trouble uploading it. I think maybe I'll have to put it on YouTube and it looks like it will take two hours (for something like 5 minutes viewing) so tomorrow is another day as far as videos. Now... 


He climbs.... agile and determined....

He leaps!
Rests a moment....
And then the feasting begins....


Look how full those formerly little cheeks are with
the nice bird seed that Greedy George steadily
stuffs into his tiny little mouth.


At one point the mourning dove came to forage
for seeds beneath the feeder.
Greedy George was not pleased and tried to chase her
She tried a little wing action to scare him off, but
in the end made a peaceful retreat and left George to gorge.
Between bouts of gluttony, George took time to digest
his feasts, meditate, pose, ponder...


Gwendolyn stayed across the yard.... ashamed
of her kin folks greed, perhaps. 




Chauncey dropped by late in the day.... 

And bunny hung out at the far end of the yard for a while.
Some things I'm grateful for today: (items in red are pre-gratitude, my effort to inspire and encourage the creative forces of the Universe to hear and align with my hopes and dreams.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • naughty chipmunks
  • my bird/chipmunk feeder
  • hummingbirds
  • birds
  • bird songs
  • bunnies
  • sunlight on and off
  • pretty clouds
  • coffee and Int'l Delight
  • electricity
  • my camera
  • discovering the video feature on my camera
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • music
  • a clothes dryer
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • a paid off mortgage
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • winning lottery numbers
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • more flowers in the back yard
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • Nintendo
  • a Bose sound system
  • Oprah
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • magic
  • my mattress
  • skin cream
  • ibuprofen
  • Sam-e
  • Vitamin D-3
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • the internet
  • email
  • a lovely shower
  • Dr. Bronner soap
  • Burt's Bees shampoo
  • Angel's face
  • Tara Grace's purrs
  • lemon sherbert
  • water
  • indoor plumbing
  • You-Tube
  • wood chucks
  • wild flowers
  • bumble bees
  • laughter
  • words
  • language
  • my rock collection
  • open windows
  • bird songs
  • cheese
  • resilience
  • my red chair
  • my cane
  • a relatively good wobbling day
  • and that my legs still get me from room to room
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy
  • my friends
  • imagination
  • ideas
  • kindness
  • love
  • things I don't want to mention
  • things I forget but am still grateful for
  • my kitchen
  • my bathroom
  • compassion
  • the mysteries of the Universe
  • life





WISHING YOU A GLORIOUS DAY!

1 comment:

San said...

Raven, your gratitude lists always make me smile. I loved seeing "resilience" right after "cheese."

And your back yard is such a lovely wildlife preserve. Chauncy is aptly named.