Thursday, March 01, 2012

Daily Reminder # 611


Got up nice and early this morning because it's "Margaret" day.  Then I heard sirens and I thought "I hope Margaret's OK," which she was, but she was stuck on the highway behind an accident. By the time she was set free, they were not going to have her bother to come, but I jokingly mentioned that this was going to cause a "coffee crisis," since I ran out of International Delight two days ago. They very sweetly sent her over and paid her an hour for a quick half-hour trip to the grocery store. I'm very proud of myself. I am a junk food junkie but I have managed to not have Margaret buy me any chips for 2 months now. It was a struggle today. They were on sale and I really wanted them but in the end, I held my own against temptation. A small victory, but I'm proud of it even though I'm longing for some chips even as I type this. Anyway, Margaret was fine, which is the important thing.  I did decide to splurge on a McCafe, which was a total waste of money.  Would have been wiser to take my newly purchased creamer and make my own coffee. But sometimes I get an idea in my head and even though I know it's stupid, I cling to it. McCafe was one of those things.  I was hoping it would be like a Starbucks Mocha Frappochino. I LOVED those.  REALLY, REALLY, loved them.  That's my story for Thursday.  Don't have anything thoughtful to say this evening. I could go dig up a Neale Donald Walsh, but I think I'll just take the lazy road and leave it at this and then post gratitude.  I would ask you to keep praying for my friend E. as she prepares for surgery in the next week or so. 




Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude, a game/exercise played in hopes of learning to expect abundance and trust the possibility that I deserve it as much as the next person. And, I suppose, an attempt to get the Creative Forces of the Universe to hear and respond with delight and generosity.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my  home
  • my furnace
  • weatherization
  • EISEP
  • Margaret's grocery run
  • that Margaret wasn't hurt in the accident, just a witness
  • coffee
  • International Delight
  • groceries
  • my kitchen
  • my microwave
  • granola bars (thanks to Margaret for those too)
  • water
  • my warm robes
  • my heavy cape
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • email
  • my nieces, my  nephew and their families
  • that they are happy, healthy and successful
  • that they seem to love me as I love them
  • my friends
  • my neighbors
  • my camera
  • the view from my front window
  • snow on tree branches
  • the garbage man and his weekly extra steps on my behalf
  • Janet, the mail carrier
  • paper towels
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • Vitamin D-3
  • Miracle Foot Repair cream
  • coconut oil
  • peppermint oil
  • lavender
  • all spice
  • Dr. Bronner soaps
  • Dr. Ihhiru probiotic soap
  • Pandora Radio
  • music
  • the joy of listening
  • the joy of singing
  • my awesome Bose speakers
  • the boom box by my bed
  • sight
  • taste
  • touch
  • smell
  • hearing
  • computer games
  • Netflix
  • Nintendo
  • a clothes dryer
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • a reading and healing with Nancy DuTertre
  • new curtains
  • blinds for the front window
  • more flowers/landscaping for my back yard
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • company/companionship
  • paying reiki clients
  • winning lottery numbers
  • a ceiling fan in the bedroom
  • a gathering/party for my 65th birthday in July
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH (or a million a year for life)
  • a new Dutch Door front door
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • lower interest rates
  • a paid off mortgage
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • Dennis Puffett
  • care2.com
  • thehungersite.com
  • blogger
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • electricity
  • my rock collection
  • my electric tooth brush
  • toothpaste
  • Listerine
  • indoor plumbing
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • PBS
  • Comedy Central
  • Jon Stewart
  • Stephen Colbert
  • the Sci-Fi Channel
  • Project Runway (guilty pleasure)
  • my mattress
  • blankets
  • beautiful objects
  • beauty
  • the colors of the rainbow
  • art
  • creative people
  • writers
  • poets
  • literature
  • poetry
  • ideas
  • imagination
  • inspiration
  • hope
  • possibilities
  • determination
  • resilience
  • things I'm forgetting (or holding for private gratitude)
  • breath
  • my body
  • love
  • laughter
  • life



Wishing You Love, Light and Miracles

No comments: