Monday, March 05, 2012

Daily Reminder # 615

Who would think that such a sweet face could be a
perverse torturer of sleeping humans.....

I'm in a good mood today. I think it's a hold over from the movie last night. Really do recommend it to everyone. It was rich in "feel-good-ness."  My mood is good despite the fact that Tara dedicated her morning to trying to get me out of bed.  She uses a combination of head butting, sneezing on me, squabbling with Angel, and turning the radio on to encourage me to rise. Alas, for her, I'm at least as stubborn as she is. Pressure tends to have a reverse effect on me. Try to push me into something and even if I already want to do it, I will resist with every fiber of my being. No doubt stems from a childhood in which I seldom got my own way in anything.  But I  ramble.  This evening the Universe guided me to a PBS (wasn't planning on watching anything intelligent) and Wayne Dyer's newest program. He's written a new book called WISHES FULLFILLED. I always find him inspiring and entertaining. He has a good sense of humor and a  kind of simple pragmatic way of talking about esoteric topics. I hadn't realized that he had been diagnosed with lukemia not long ago and went on a voyage of healing... Anyway, it was interesting and inspiring and rich in food for thought. One of the things I thought was very clever was he talked about the Biblical passage in which Moses asks God his name and God replies, "I AM THAT I AM." Dyer draws from this that whenever we use the phrase, "I AM," we are invoking god, so what we follow those words up with matters and that speaking in positive ways about yourself and how you are invokes those things into your life. He says it much better, though.  A number of his PBS programs are available on Netflix.  I'm going to share a video clip from one of his other programs here because he always makes me feel better and hopefully will inspire something in you as well.





and then I found this on PBS... and it's embed-able! Yippee!



Watch Dr. Wayne Dyer Wishes Fulfilled | Preview on PBS.  See more from pbs.


Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an effort to invite abundance into my life, to recognize it when it comes my way and to receive it with love and gratitude and to let the Creative Forces of the Universe know that I'm open and ready to embrace as much as life is willing to offer me.)
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my home
  • my furnace
  • heat
  • weatherization
  • my little coffee maker
  • coffee and Int'l Delight
  • water
  • Dr. Jim
  • pumpkin pie
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the mute button
  • Wayne Dyer
  • PBS
  • wisdom and those who know how to share it
  • YouTube
  • the ability to embed videos from PBS
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • email
  • computer games
  • electricity
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my rock collection
  • beauty
  • the view from my front window
  • sunshine
  • being in a good mood
  • the movie The Big Year
  • my grabber
  • my warm robes 
  • Crocs
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • Vitamin D-3
  • music
  • Pandora radio
  • my awesome Bose speakers
  • the joy of listening
  • the joy of singing
  • the human voice
  • memory foam
  • my chair/walker
  • my cane
  • that my legs still wobble me around with help
  • indoor plumbing
  • my kitchen
  • my microwave
  • Google
  • poetry
  • Netflix
  • my camera
  • lavender
  • allspice
  • paper towels
  • that I paid my bills today
  • that I finally filled out a request form to Medicare to lower my deduction... may not happen but at least I finally did the form
  • a clothes dryer
  • a new Dutch Door front door
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • lower interest rates
  • paid off mortgage
  • company/companionship
  • a gathering/party for my 65th birthday
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • a reading and healing with Nancy DuTertre
  • more flowers/landscaping in the back yard
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • a ceiling fan in the bedroom
  • winning lottery numbers
  • Nintendo
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH (or a million dollars/year)
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • new curtains
  • blinds for the front window
  • paying reiki clients
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • stuffed reiki teddy bears/jaguar
  • Dennis Puffett
  • care2.com
  • thehungersite.com
  • the colors of the rainbow
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • the capacity to think and change
  • Dr. Bronner soaps
  • Dr. Ihhiru probiotic soap
  • my friends
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy, healthy and successful
  • that they seem to love me as I love them
  • a possible visit in December from my niece Cindy and her husband and, my great niece and nephew
  • resilience
  • hope
  • determination
  • possibilities
  • words
  • poetry
  • poets
  • literature
  • Jon Stewart & Stephen Colbert
  • humor
  • Comedy Central
  • that Rush Limbaugh lost 8 advertisers (not nice to celebrate another's misfortune, I know, but I'm grateful for it anyway)  Hopefully he will stop polluting the air waves soon.
  • Google
  • ideas
  • inspiration
  • creativity
  • Miracle Foot Repair Cream
  • coconut oil
  • Advil
  • my mattress
  • blankets
  • sight
  • taste
  • touch
  • smell
  • hearing
  • breath
  • hope
  • love
  • laughter
  • life
May you see yourself with eyes of love
 and speak and think "I am"s 
that are worthy of how wonderful you are.

No comments: