Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Ruby Tuesday

It's Ruby Tuesday ( hosted by Mary/ the Teach at Work of the Poet) . Probably I should hold back on Christmasy things. It's only December 9th and there's not much left and two more Tuesdays before Christmas, but I seem to be all Christmas driven very early for me. Alas, Christmas in my little house is kind of limited to my little tree which remains undecorated because of Angel's penchant for destruction and the fact that 7 moves pretty much finished off the few ornaments I had left. So... we are kind of stretching for holiday reds. But here we go anyway. Posting this late and trying to keep to my new sleep schedule. I'll visit everyone tomorrow.


I asked a couple of the reiki bears to pose with the Christmas Moose. Angel, of course, felt a need to stick her nose into things - literally. Unlike his flamboyant friend Pierre who posed for my second Ruby Tuesday post ages back, Raphael (the gray bear) is pretty reserved. It was not easy persuading him to put the Santa hat on or to pose for the more introspective photo below this one. Raph is really pretty special, so I'm glad he agreed to participate. He's full of reiki and pretty much everyone who meets him wants to hold him and not let go.

Raphael Emmamuel Bear, Pierre le Bear, and the Christmas Moose...
with she who must put herself into every photo.


Raphael Emmanuel Bear

This angel is blue, but she was a gift from my friend Dan
for the top of my tree.
Since I'm keeping her grounded (see yesterday's post),
I thought I'd give her some extra publicity. Notice the red of my first
Christmas card of the year - hand delivered by Shannon.


An effort to catch the lights on my little tree being red and glowy.
I'm desperate for reds. What can I say?


My neighbor's Christmas lights. The first two years I was here they had a
big sleigh thing that they put out as well. I miss it.


Dan is working very hard to make me Christmasy. He gave me this sweet
sign for my front door... and made me hang it even before Thanksgiving

(by the way - the gray lump on the right... Angel who refused to move).

Happy Ruby Tuesday! And to all a good day!

25 comments:

Carletta said...

Lovely images Raven!
The blue angel is beautiful. I'm thinking she could be out all year.

I like the light image so much I'm going to try something like that on my tree - yes, stealing idea I am. :)

A few years ago I did painted crafts like the one on your door. It is very cute. Thanksgiving was not too early to put it up. More time to enjoy it.

Felisol said...

Dear Raven,
I guess angel needs her own cuddly bear. She looks both curious and a bit jealous.
The photos were so nice and inspiring.
Have you noticed that when giving reiki the cats are drawn to the place, and the will sit quiet and just enjoy!
From Felisol

Dora said...

Angel looks so sad since u din ask her to pose! She is wondering how come some non-living things have better priviledge than her. Ha ha.

Robin said...

What sweet bears, and I love your Christmas sign.

Pia K said...

Raph is adorable and of such a striking colour - I'm sure you've noticed that he shares that with the Angel who likes to get in on the photo action...;) Happy RT!

Snowbird said...

I love the picture with she who must be in every picture. Very cute.

Melli said...

I'm partial to the 2nd shot of the bear with the beat up nose! Angel should watch out so her nose doesn't take to lookin' like that!

EG CameraGirl said...

Too bad your neighbour doesn't put out the sleigh anymore! I wonder why. The bear dressed in the red hat is cute.

Jientje said...

I love the sign for your front door, and I love how your cat likes to be in every picture, she's cute!

Catherine said...

Raphael Emmanuel and Pierre sounds very French. Very exotic? Angel is seduced by these 2 fluffy new friends.
All these little hints of Red makes Christmas appears in your home and outside. They're just like a "pinch" of happiness.

Anonymous said...

It looks like the kitty cat was a bit jealous of the publicity that the Christmas decorations were getting! *LOL* Great shots. Merry Christmas. :)

My first Ruby Tuesday.

Linda Murphy said...

Wow, I enjoyed all of the bears and the sign at the end is very festive too. (gray lump included)

I'll have to show Ian and Connor the bears, since we have a whole stuffed animal thing going on over here. :)

Ralph said...

The bears in red are filled with this holiday's spirit, and sooo plush. Lovely.

When our son was a baby (1991) we got him a soft bruin and we named it (him?) Pierre Bear. A great name for a baby's bear, we agree!

Kaylia Metcalfe said...

Wow! So much red!

I am with you… almost Christmas-ed Out already 

Anonymous said...

Will be nice if your neighbors continue having the sleigh in front of the house :P
Lovely X'mas door sign Dan has given you!

Askew To You said...

Very festive photos. :D I really like that close-up on the lights.

Gattina said...

Very pretty decorations ! and of course cats have always to put their nose in things you want to photograph, lol !

Anonymous said...

The Koala Bear in the Santa Hat is cute, but that Red Bear is adorable!

Dianne said...

I love the red bear!!

and I love the photogenic gray lump LOL

Siren always messes with the tree. Mia wasn't here last year so who know what she'll think - we shall see!!

Jim said...

Well, you sure did find plenty of red once again. After the bears and Angel you could have saved the rest for next week!
And I might not remember those others, the first is sooooo cute! That means you could use the rest again, really, I won't mind.
Also I learned a new word, reiki . I hope jumbo will use it soon so I don't forget.
Happy WW! Thank you for peeking in on my red Gateway and the old red truck. I think I like my old HP laptop better but this one is more up to date.
:-)
..

Anonymous said...

Since I am not decorating, I can appreciate yours..I can't put up a tree with the terrible two orange tabby cats..I could see them trashing it all....

♥peachkins♥ said...

love all your pictures...

thanks for visiting..

Anonymous said...

Love the red!

Paz

storyteller said...

I didn't participate in Ruby Tuesday this week, but I enjoyed your cleverly arranged stuphed animals ... holiday pics ... and the angel is one I'd definitely keep out year round!
Hugs and blessings,

maryt/theteach said...

Very Christmasy, Katherine! Love all the pix and especially the one of your door decoration and your cat who wouldn't move! Ha! :)