Friday, December 19, 2008

Tagged and Borrowed: Memes

Peppy Lady tagged me yesterday to do a meme called 5 Things. I think that's what it's called. Anyway you have to list 5 things you do every day that make your life better.

I don't know that I DO five things. There are a couple that I can lay claim to... I'm going to stretch the first one into two...

1. I give thanks for my blessings - listing them - every morning when I wake up.

2. I give thanks for my blessings - listing them - every evening when I go to sleep.

3. About a month ago, I started going to bed earlier so that I'm getting an additional 1-2 hours of sleep. This is a really good idea. I highly recommend it to everyone.

4. I usually take some pictures, though I can't say for sure that I do that EVERY day.

5. I play with the cats and give them attention. This make my life better in two ways... it's fun to a degree and it keeps Angel out of trouble.

I never tag people.... so that's it from me for this one.

******************************************

I saw a much longer meme - the Layer Meme - over at Jeff's and I found his answers entertaining so I thought maybe I'd give it a go too since my creativity seems to have fled the country for warmer climes.


Layer One:
- Name: Raven
- Birth date: July 10, 1947
- Birthplace: Bronx, New York
- Current Location: Upstate, New York
- Eye color: Blue-gray and occasionally green (so I'm told)
- Hair Color: Medium brown with red highlights (in the sun) and now some gray too.
- Height: 5 feet 4 inches last time I was measured. I have probably shrunk some.
- Righty or Lefty: Righty, though I have tried from time to time to learn to write left-handed.
- Zodiac sign: Cancer

Layer Two:
- Your Heritage: Scotch, Irish, German, mostly German, I guess, though.
- The shoes you wore today: Crocs today and every day.
- Your weakness: Just one? Over-eating is probably the worst one but there are so many. Self hate is another.
- Your fears: Pretty much everything.
- Your perfect pizza: Well if it has a thin, crunchy crust and lots and lots of cheese, I'm really happy. I don't mind onions and peppers and stuff like that too.
- Goal you’d like to achieve: Finish a children's book I started called Amanda and the Cookie Witch and get my poetry and other things published.

Layer Three:
- Your most overused phrase on AIM: Not that big on AIM. Probably LOL.
- Your best physical feature: No idea... probably my eyes or my smile.
- Your most missed memory: I forget.

Layer Four:
- Pepsi or Coke: Neither
- McDonald's or Burger King: Don't know... McDonald's I guess. Don't have either of them often.
- Single or group dates: I never leave the house.
- Adidas or Nike: No idea.
- Lipton Ice Tea or Nestea: Both
- Chocolate or vanilla: Chocolate. I really like raw chocolate now. It's more eco-friendly and better for you.
- Cappuccino or coffee: Coffee... I don't drink it that often these days but I get free market coffee now.

Layer Five:
- Smoke: No... I tried it briefly in college because I wanted to seem cool. Everybody laughed at me.
- Cuss: Yup.
- Sing: Love to sing. My voice isn't what it used to be which is frustrating.
- Take a shower everyday: Not these days. I don't exercise that much and I never leave the house, so it really isn't necessary and it's something of a physical challenge.
- Do you think you’ve been in love: Yes
- Want to go to college: Did that in the 1960s.
- Liked high school: Not especially
- Want to get married: Yep... How pathetic is that at my age.
- Believe in yourself: Once in a while
- Get motion sickness: Nope
- Think you’re attractive: Nope
- Think you’re a health freak: Nope... self destructive... though I love doing/sending reiki so in that sense I guess I'm a health freak.
- Get along with your parents: They are long dead now, but while they were alive, self-destructively so. I wish I had been wise enough to be more rebellious at a younger age.
- Like thunderstorms: When they are far away. I have some lovely memories from my time in Arizona, sitting with the lights off and watching the beautiful storms.
- Play an instrument: Clarinet and Piano... though I haven't touched the clarinet in years and have only just started piano again thanks to my kind nephew.

Layer Six: (In the past six months)
- Drank alcohol: No, though I have craved it.
- Smoked: Didn't you already ask this? Anyway. No.
- Done drugs: Nope
- Made out: Alas, no.
- Gone on a date: Alas, no.
- Gone to the mall: Hard to do when you live in the middle of nowhere and never leave the house.
- Eaten an entire box of Oreos: Saved by the time frame... nope... not lately. - Eaten sushi: Not in the past six months, but had a couple of lovely meals when I was in AZ.
- Been on stage: Not lately.
- Been dumped: Not lately. Haven't even been picked up so I could be dumped.
- Gone skating: Nope.
- Made homemade cookies: Nope. But have been having wonderful memories of Christmas cookies past.
- Gone skinny dipping: Not bloody likely even if I was skinny and beautiful which I'm not.
- Dyed your hair: Thought about it.
- Stolen anything: Nope

Layer Seven: Have you ever. . .
- Played a game that required removal of clothing: Nope
- Been trashed or extremely intoxicated: Unfortunately, yes... long ago... Still bothers me.
- Been caught “doing something”: Nope. Boy, am I boring.
- Been called a tease: I wish.
- Gotten beat up: Nope, unless you count psychological brutality... if that counts, most of my childhood and well into my 30s. - Shoplifted: Nope, though when I was young in Massapequa, the stores used to follow my friends and me around as though we were master criminals.
- Changed who you were to fit in: Probably, though not consciously.

Layer Eight:
- Age you hope to be married: ?????
- Names of children: It's a bit late for that.
- Describe your dream wedding: Small gathering of close friends in a beautiful setting... and I get to have a really pretty dress and pretty flowers, good food and good music and lots of laughter.
- Where do you want to go to college: Been there, done that. Might have chosen a different school if I had it to do over again, but that ship sailed.
- What do you want to be when you grow up: A published writer and winner of Publisher's Clearinghouse Sweepstakes... RICH.
- What country would you most like to visit: Hard one. Japan, India, Tahiti...

Layer Nine:
- Number of drugs taken illegally: One... but I was never very good at inhaling since I wasn't a smoker
- Number of people I could trust with my life: An amazing number, actually. I am very blessed.
- Number of CD’s that I own: I have no idea. Not as many as I'd like to.
- Number of piercings: one on each ear
- Number of tattoos: Not me... no way
- Number of times my name has appeared in the newspaper: Two or three.
- Number of scars on my body: Three or four... not really sure.
- Number of things in my past I regret: Too many to count... But then again I am who I am because of my mistakes and misfortunes as much as though their opposites.

Whew! Finished. Guess that's it for the moment.

Oh.. It's Shannon's Birthday - she is TWELVE today - so I thought I'd post a few of her pictures.

This is the looking down our street from just above my house.
One of her kitties... I think this one is named Snuffy.



Close-up of a bear carving in their yard. Great shot, isn't it?

4 comments:

Jeff B said...

That layer meme is a long one, but it is fun to read what everyone writes. Glad you enlightened us.

Be well my friend.

Dr.John said...

That6 secfond meme has just too many layers. I kept getting lost.
I did learn a bit about you though.

Felisol said...

Dear Raven,
I read your memes with great interest.
It doesn't feel right to commentate on your answers; they are yours, but then, you so much for sharing.
I will try to copy you in one thing;
give thanks for my blessings, at least once a day.

I also find reiki a good thing, have been helped and able to give help through reiki.

Being a heterosexual woman living in wedlock on the other side of the sea, I dare to say; You are a most charming lady. Even that small picture where you smile, looking both intelligent and happy/sad tells the world so.

I also like reading your blog-posts, they are deep and honest.

That's it,
From Felisol

Dianne said...

the layer meme is fun to read - did you know Jeff is afraid of balloons!! lol!!

happy birthday to Shannon - love her cat :)