Friday, April 22, 2011

Daily Reminder # 326


A quick run-through of the mundane. Margaret came today and got me a little bird feeder thingy. So far no birds have found it, but it only set me back $8 and hopefully there will be cool photos in store. This was inspired by the house next door. They have located their feeder in a really annoying spot because it's really tricky to avoid all sorts of obstructions and get pictures. Hopefully, birds will start visiting me too and I won't have to go through contortions to get photos. My photos lately are not making me happy.They seem unfocused and off kilter. This is probably partly because my windows are really dirty.  Sorry.Also, it continues to be cold, so I continue to be really, really grateful to have heat again. Now on to meatier topics.


Neale Donald Walsh and God were great again today, so I'm letting them do all the work. This one seems sort of like a nice follow-up on yesterday's message from Neale and God. I was thinking this morning that a great example of yesterday's message - failure that is success - was how I found my house. Having gone through three crazy landlords/ladies, it became clear that it was neither cost effective nor emotionally manageable to continue renting. That said, I was desperate. Crazy Diane was living upstairs and very unhappy that I was resisting leaving just because she said so. I found the cheapest house in Sullivan County. It was in the town where my friend Rosalie lives. It was very small but it had a very pretty new kitchen and it was available... except that the owner refused to sell it to me. He apparently had a friend or someone who wanted it. I was devastated. Truth is, though, that the bank had offered me a mortgage that I couldn't have afforded and Hankins would not have been a good place for me to live. Hancock is bigger, offers mail delivery and my house here was cheaper and in the time it took to look for it, I was able to get a SONYMA 4% mortgage. Even here, I'm barely clinging on by my fingernails. I was initially so devastated by the loss of that first house - but only because I didn't recognize until later that the Universe was watching over me and had a much better plan. Which also speaks to today's message. It's not always such a bad thing when your plans fall apart. Sometimes it's Divine Intervention. Or dumb luck. if you prefer that view.


On this day of your life, dear friend, 
I believe God wants you to know...
...that just when it looks like life is  falling apart, 
it maybe falling together for the first time.

I have learned to trust the process of life, and 
not so  much the outcome. Destinations have 
not  nearly as much value as journeys.

So maybe you should let things fall apart at this
juncture if that's what's happening. Don't hang on so
tenaciously. The nice thing about things falling apart is
that you can pick up only the pieces that you want...

...and you know exactly why I told you this today...

Love, Your Friend.... 
neale



Some things I'm grateful for today:  (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an effort to inspire the creative forces of the Universe to hear my prayers and grant them.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my house
  • birds
  • my camera
  • my TV
  • remote control
  • cat toys
  • Margaret
  • my friends
  • heat
  • my furnace runs!
  • my new bird feeder
  • my neighbor's bird feeder
  • the watching eye of the Universe
  • water (drinking and other)
  • peach/mango yogurt smoothies
  • Neale Donald Walsh
  • Netflix
  • reiki
  • angels
  • reiki bears
  • a clothes dryer
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • a truck load of money
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • freshly painted living and bedrooms
  • a Bose sound system
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • paid off mortgage
  • Nintendo
  • more flowers in my back yard
  • groceries
  • Dennis Puffett
  • mysteries
  • mail
  • rare paid reiki
  • my desk chair
  • my computer
  • the ability to type
  • the ability to read and write
  • hearing
  • sight
  • taste
  • touch
  • smell
  • music
  • books
  • words
  • language
  • singing
  • YouTube
  • paper
  • pens
  • groceries
  • onions
  • Sam-e
  • imagination
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • signs of Spring even if it is still absurdly cold
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • electricity
  • laughter
  • beauty
  • the capacity to love
  • life


Wishing You a Day 
When Everything Falls Together
Beautifully, Magically, Mystically, Wondrously 
to Create Joy and Delight

No comments: