Monday, April 25, 2011

Daily Reminder # 329


Well,  Easter Sunday started out with a little sun and enough degrees on the thermometer for me to open the window for an hour or so. Then the rain started and it got cold. Still, Spring is forging ahead in spite of it all. I think I'm just going to do gratitude tonight, with an extra special note of gratitude for my youngest niece, Diana, whose birthday is today. Besides her pleasing personality, Diana has been a real gift in my life. She took time out of her own life and helped me with the last of my packing when I left New York and drove me across the country. She helped me get my house with both money and moral support. And she seems to love me, strange as it seems. So she tops my gratitude list today. (I love Matt and Cindy and Cindy's kids too... and everybody's significant others, John, Marichka and Rick)


I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter (or Passover or ordinary Sunday). 






Some things I'm grateful for today:  (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an exercise aimed at charming the creative forces of the universe into being extra specially good to me.)

  • Diana
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my house
  • ibuprofen
  • my microwave
  • Lean Cuisine
  • water
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • rocks
  • music
  • poetry
  • PBS
  • my camera
  • email
  • SKYPE
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my fuzzy robe and sweater
  • even two hours of open windows
  • strawberry/banana yogurt smoothies
  • vitamin D-3
  • Sam-e
  • IP-6
  • Omega-3
  • Netflix
  • a clothes dryer
  • Nintendo
  • zero balance on my credit card
  • paid off mortgage
  • a truckload of money
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • a sun room on th back of the house
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • more flowers in the back yard
  • a Bose sound system
  • winning lottery numbers
  • reiki
  • angels
  • beauty
  • cream cheese
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • electricity
  • the ability to type
  • the ability to read and write
  • good friends
  • good neighbors
  • my sister's children and their families
  • sight
  • touch
  • taste
  • hearing
  • the ability to sing
  • food
  • my teeth
  • my electric toothbrush
  • toothpaste
  • Listerine
  • Dr. Bronner soaps
  • birds
  • my neighbor's bird feeder
  • my red chair
  • my cane
  • that my legs still get me from room to room
  • coffee and International Delight
  • Amazon.com
  • words
  • the smell of white sage
  • inspiration
  • resilience
  • laughter
  • love
  • life



HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

6 comments:

Argent said...

You need to believe that you're loveable - because you are! Hoping to my Wordzzle done today.

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

I so agree you need to believe. Hugs GJ x

quilly said...

Why does Angel have a hammer?

AND, my birthday is April 24th, too!

Diana said...

Thanks. :) The road trip was fun! Remember when your friend came over to help us pack and she ended up packing ALL the toilet paper? Good times..... :)

Raven said...

Hey Quilly...

Belated Happy Birthday. Diana's is the 25th. It was my parent's wedding anniversary too.

As for Angel's hammer. It was out (though not needed) to put the pole for the bird feeder (see tonight's post) into the ground. Mercifully, it's too heavy for even a trouble maker like Angel to push around.

Janie B said...

Your cats are so beautiful!