Saturday, April 23, 2011

Daily Reminder # 327

(Please scroll down for the Weekly Wordzzle Challenge.)


I think tonight I will just share a wonderful quote that a friend of mine sent to me and a bunch of bird pictures since I took about a million of them. They aren't that good, really, but there so many that I thought I'd share some of my favorites. The birds haven't entirely found my new feeder thingy, but a couple of them landed on it. Unfortunately, I fear it may be (at present) a "tease" feeder. I'm not sure they can reach the stuff inside. Margaret couldn't find seeds, so she got me a suet cake and we broke it in half and put it inside. Anyway, while I had my camera with me in the kitchen only one bird landed on the feeder and I was too slow to catch it, but later when I didn't have it another exquisite little feathered beauty landed and stayed for a minute or two before flying off. There's hope. Meanwhile the feeder next door seems to be bringing lots of birds to the yard - and to the nearer end too, which is really nice.






So here's the quote. I think it's quite beautiful.

We do not grow absolutely, chronologically. We grow sometimes in one dimension, and not in another; unevenly. We grow partially. We are relative. We are mature in one realm, childish in another. The past, present, and future mingle and pull us backward, forward, or fix us in the present. We are made up of layers, cells, constellations.   ~~ Anais Nin







Some things I'm grateful for today:  (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an attempt to convince the Universe that it really, really wants me to have a truck load of money and other cool things.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my house
  • water
  • reiki
  • angels
  • magic
  • beauty
  • cat toys
  • Sam-e
  • my microwave
  • my camera
  • my furnace
  • coffee and International Delight
  • birds, birds and more birds
  • my camera
  • Amazon.com
  • netflix
  • TV
  • the remote control
  • a clothes dryer
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • winning lottery numbers
  • a truck load of cash
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • Nintendo
  • a paid off mortgage
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • a Bose sound system
  • more flowers in my back yard
  • ear phones
  • YouTube
  • music
  • glass (windows/doors/drinking/eye)
  • clean laundry
  • electricity
  • my electric tooth brush
  • Listerine
  • toothpaste
  • teeth
  • eyes 
  • ears
  • nose
  • hands
  • indoor plumbing
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my mattress
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to think
  • ideas
  • imagination
  • words
  • wordzzles
  • inspiration
  • bloggers
  • buds on the flowering quince
  • Schwans
  • my friends
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • good movies
  • the colors of the rainbow
  • seasons
  • life




Have a Lovely Day! 
May You Grow in Interesting Ways!

No comments: