Monday, September 19, 2011

Daily Reminder # 478

See how badly my windows need washing? I like this picture of her, though
so I'm posting it dirty windows and all.


Today was a pretty good day. It was cool and sunny and Angel was pretty well behaved for most of the day, which is always a nice change of pace. 


I had a dream last night which I actually remembered. For what ever reason, my psyche has always chosen to torture me with broken toilets. In the old days, they were not just broken, they were gross (think Grand Central Station, NY or an uncared for rustic outhouse) and often they allowed no privacy or were huge and too big to climb onto.  They were not fun dreams.  Last night we revisited toilets. I'm pleased to say that while the situation was imperfect and I still didn't actually get to pee, it was way upscale from the old days. I had a new mother in this dream, too. She was more sophisticated and social and she had a charming boy friend. We were in a fairly upscale community too. For anyone who knows Connecticut, it felt kind of like Connecticut to me. I met my new mother in some kind of public building. Could have been a bank but it seemed more like a library. There was a whole group of people sitting in chairs kind of like there was a town meeting. I asked my mother about it and she seemed rather evasive. We went "home" (I remember nothing about this part) and met her new man. (This woman was so NOT my actual mother.)  At some point I decided to check out the library/bank/whatever.  A woman was speaking to the crowd when I got there, but I had to pee so I headed to the "bathroom," worrying that she might think I was a thief and hoping that she remembered me from earlier and also that the bathroom was unlocked. It was. It wasn't really very bathroom-like, though. More like a hair dressers. No stalls. In one "chair?" stall? I found a woman's denim jacket. It had several rolls of toilet paper in it and even though I felt odd doing it, I took a bit of it in case I needed it.  I went down to the other end of the room and found a toilet (I think) and as I sat down I noticed a shopping bag. It had bright colored fuzzy balls (kind of like cat toys but not really cat toys) in it and I was just wondering if someone had lost them when my mother's boyfriend came up and said something along the lines of you found them or indicated that they were his. Again I was worried that he might think I had been stealing them. I wasn't (it seems) that concerned that he had snuck up on me in a bathroom that wasn't bathroom-like and talked to me while I was on the toilet. Very strange. And as usual, I never got to pee. Story of my dream life.  Not really sure why I'm sharing this. I guess because I had nothing else to day. Maybe I'll add my dream poem. I've probably posted it before but... I'll add it anyway.  (I used smaller type so the lines wouldn't break up. Sorry.)

The time has come her psyche said to talk of many things
Of toilets, birds and pregnant cats, of icky, wormy things
Of course, my dear, you can't expect the message to be clear
A psyche works quite subtly one's consciousness to steer
And so she sighed and dreamed again of toilets large and small
And once she almost fell from off a precipice quite tall
She dreamt of cats in closets, cats peeing in the hall
She dreamt of great big mansions and houses very small
She dreamt and she remembered, she dreamt and she forgot
Some images were vivid, some images were not
But the more that she remembered them, the stranger they appeared
Yet also she began to sense they were nothing to be feared
In fact, in time some symbols began to make clear sense
And she smiled and thought quite smugly, "I'm not so very dense."
And hearing this her psyche, from its vast creative plane
Drew forth some brand new symbols to befuddle her again
And now she dreamt of prisons and towns with funny names
And she dreamt of pigs and horses and playing silly games
She dreamt of feathered slippers and banking in the park
Some dreams were full of  colors bright and some were very dark
She dreamt of popes and Chinamen, of ceilings falling down
She dreamt of being lost and scared, she dreamt that she might drown
She dreamt of taking buses, she dreamt of riding bikes
She dreamt of riding space ships, she dreamt of taking hikes
Sometimes she dreamed in series; some dreams were set apart
Some dreams seemed kind of foolish and some like works of art
Some dreams were full of mystery, in rich exotic places
Some dreams were very commonplace and she knew the people's faces
But few of them were boring, and she never, ever knew
What new peculiar happenings her psyche would bring through
And so each  night she closed her eyes and journeyed deep inside
To the world of her unconscious where lost fears and hopes reside
And often in these travels, with sweet visions she was blest
That would help her in her day-life, that would guide her on her quest
To heal and gird and strengthen her sometimes fainting soul
As she struggled first to find herself, then to touch the Greater Whole
But whether one is questing, or only in a doze
The clever, witty psyche will keep you on your toes.

- Katherine E. Rabenau 



On a less happy note, I just checked my electric bill and it went up by $30 this month.  I'm not sure why that should have happened. If anything, I think I used less electricity. So it goes. Could be worse.




Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an attempt to inspire the Creative Forces of the Universe to create and manifest on my behalf so I can live with joyful abundance.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • grapes
  • Coffee and International Delight
  • my camera
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • email
  • regular mail
  • open windows
  • electricity
  • Netflix
  • the telephone
  • SKYPE
  • AIM
  • Google
  • computer  games
  • Dr. Jim
  • dreams
  • indoor plumbing that WORKS!
  • my home
  • toy mice
  • anticipation of my friends' visit tomorrow
  • my microwave
  • my kitchen
  • peanuts
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my chair/walker
  • my cane
  • that my legs still shuffle me around with help
  • my bathroom
  • a lovely shower
  • Dr. Bronner soaps
  • clean laundry
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • Vitamin D-3
  • typos that make me laugh (I type vigamin and that made me think of I Love Lucy and that made me smile)
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • a clothes dryer
  • Nintendo
  • clean windows
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • winning lottery numbers
  • a truckload of money (Big Bills)
  • paid off mortgage
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • a ceiling fan in the bedroom
  • new curtains
  • blinds for the front windows
  • more flowers for the back yard
  • a reading and healing from Nancy DuTertre
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • Healing with the Masters
  • coconut oil
  • kitties at play
  • music
  • Pandora radio
  • my boom box by the bed
  • poetry
  • words
  • ideas
  • imagination
  • humor
  • inspiration
  • friends
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy and healthy and sucessful
  • food
  • water
  • my back yard
  • the view from my front window
  • sight
  • hearing
  • taste
  • touch
  • smell
  • Dennis Puffett
  • my rock collection
  • beauty
  • green grass
  • colors
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the mute button
  • laughter
  • compassion
  • kindness
  • resilience
  • determination
  • Advil
  • love
  • life

WISHING YOU A LOVELY DAY
AND SWEET DREAMS TONIGHT

2 comments:

Argent said...

Don't worry about your windows, they look just like mine! What a weird dream, though. It amuses how, in dreams, the most bizarre things seems quite commonplace and we don't react to it the way we would if we encountered it in the waking world. The dream poem is excellent - I've not seen it before.

The Bug said...

I like the poem too. I have a very active dream life, but I don't always remember. I definitely remember the toilet dreams though! Man - I've had ALL KINDS of those. Mostly because I have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night every night & I guess sometimes I don't get awake enough to actually go. I'm glad I can't ever actually pee in the dream because I'm sure I'd wake up to a wet bed.

I haven't had a dream like that in a while - I think my hip pain, & now my little bit of surgical discomfort, keep me from sleeping quite as deeply so I get up to go to the bathroom without my subconscious needing to nudge me.