Monday, October 11, 2010

Daily Reminder # 133


If nothing changes, nothing changes. 


Old habits are really hard to break, especially for those of us who carry deep wounds from abuse. Most of us - at least those I know tend to demand superhuman feats from ourselves and then when we can't accomplish them we beat ourselves up because we have failed.... even when we haven't. 


So for today consider being kind to yourself. Change doesn't mean you have to climb Mt. Everest in a single day or solve the world's problems or perform every act you do with extraordinary grace and ease. It just means trying. Maybe it means packing or unpacking one box.  Or half a box. Maybe it even means letting some things go and trusting them to God. 


Maybe one of the things we need to change in this life is how we treat ourselves. I know that's a big one for me. 


Tara is really difficult to photograph. She tends to sit by the computer but
mostly at night when the light isn't good enough for good photos.And of
course the solid gray fur and the glowy eyes don't make it easy either, but I'm
posting a few pictures of her anyway, even though they don't do her justice.
Some things I'm grateful for today:

  • Tara Grace & Angel
  • TV
  • reiki
  • friends
  • my home
  • my red chair
  • ice cream
  • watermelon
  • water
  • my mattress
  • the right to vote
  • absentee ballots
  • life
  • fall colors
  • birds in flight


Have a Great Day
Be Kind to Yourself

No comments: