Thursday, October 21, 2010

Daily Reminder # 143


Thriftiness is a virtue, but sometimes you can overdo it.  I've kind of spent my life overdoing it and so when I spend money, I always feel terribly guilty about it as though in caring for my needs I have done something wrong. Old habits die hard. At least I occasionally over-rule myself. That, I guess (I hope) is progress of a sort.


I mention all this because I finally unboxed and assembled my new desk chair. The chair I've been using is pretty old and I've been afraid for about 4 years that it would collapse under me. So last week I splurged on a new one (on sale!) from Brylane.com. The box got here on Monday and it took me until today to work up the courage to try and unpack it and screw all the pieces together. This one is made for the over-sized among us and is guaranteed to hold up to 500 pounds so I can let go of my fear of my chair caving under my weight. Whew. Still, I'm anxious about having spent the money. But I since I will sit in this chair pretty much all day every day, it is probably money well spent. So far except for some creaky noises that make me worry I didn't put it together right, it feels more comfortable than my old one - and definitely more solid. So....  I didn't get around to taking a picture and I don't have the energy to get up and do it now, so I'll post one tomorrow. Besides chair assembly (took me about an hour, I think, mostly because of my lack of flexibility. Came with good instructions and was pretty easy to assemble if you are reasonably agile), I had to do litter box and garbage today and that always stresses me out. I'm so pathetic....




Anyway...


Some things I'm grateful for today:

  • my new chair
  • that my old chair never did collapse
  • my furnace
  • my home
  • my telephone
  • my niece Cindy whose birthday was yesterday
  • that I got the garbage out
  • clean litter box (the girls are happy too)
  • my friends
  • reiki
  • angels
  • life
  • ice cream



HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!
May every chair you sit on 
hold you in comfort.

No comments: