Thursday, January 13, 2011

Daily Reminder # 227


In an odd gathering - a sort of pep rally memorial service - the President of the United States gave a beautiful and uplifting speech to the people of Tuscon and the nation. The cheering and almost rowdy energy of the crowd kind of threw me at first, but I suspect that it was an expression of hope for a community which has simply been in a state of shock for 5 days. The president first calmed the energy and then, I think, offered both compassion and healing. I know I feel better for having listened. It was a long speech - 33 minutes - but I'm going to post it anyway for anyone who didn't hear it who might want to listen.


Beyond that, I played a bit with my camera on another gloomy, cold, snowy day. I also treated myself to a 60 degree day and quite enjoyed it. I think I'll let the President speak and just post a few photos and my gratitude list. I think I'm forgetting something, but it will have to wait until tomorrow.




Some things I'm grateful for today: (items in red are pre-gratitude - a nudge to the Universe to hear and pave the way for manifesting my hopes and dreams.)

  • Barack Obama
  • the better parts of human nature
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my neighbor who cleared the snow today
  • poetry
  • food to eat
  • heat
  • my new camera
  • reiki
  • angels
  • my TV
  • my little house
  • my windows
  • sleep
  • my mattress
  • indoor plumbing
  • clean litter box and garbage out
  • music
  • my Bose sound system
  • my clothes dryer
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • winning lottery tickets
  • a million dollars a year for life from Publisher's Clearinghouse
  • winning the HGTV Dream House
  • movies
  • water
  • my cane
  • my red chair
  • legs that still hold me up
  • teeth
  • the 5 senses
  • beauty
  • new snow on branches (not so much on the ground)
  • heat
  • tears
  • laughter
  • photographs
  • Instant messaging
  • email
  • hope
  • life



HAVE A GREAT DAY!

No comments: