Friday, January 14, 2011

Daily Reminder # 228


Today was a pretty good day. I had a visit from Delaware Opportunities, an organization that's kind of like a fairy God-something in my life. A year and a half-ago (can it be that long?) some of you may remember that they came and redid my kitchen and bathroom to make them more disabled friendly. That was really awesome, so I didn't really expect to hear from them again, but a while ago I got a letter saying my name had come up on their list and today Mr. P. visited me to talk about what they can do to make my house and life better. SO.... they're going to upgrade my electric (no more fuses), widen my bathroom door so it will be more wheel-chair, walker friendly, raise my bed an inch or so to make it easier for me to get out of it and replace my back door with a more thermal one. But they will provide me one that's mostly glass so I can still take pictures. Can you believe that? How amazing is my life. And I'm still on the list for improved weatherization 4 or 5 years from now. Which works out pretty well, because at that point my furnace will be about 15 years old. I really think I'm watched over by angels. There's all the paper work and grant processing and then bids and such on the work, so I think it's unlikely that anything will happen before summer, but... HOW COOL is this? It's a miracle. I love miracles.


Another interesting thing about today. I had the thermostat set at 50 for Mr. P's visit, had all my layers of clothes on as well as a heavy cape a friend gave me a few years ago. I mention this because I was aware that for the 3 hours I had company, I didn't feel particularly cold. It's possible that having someone to talk to distracted me, but I'm wondering if additional people generate enough heat to warm a room up. Just a strange thought to ponder.


I think I had something else to say but I think maybe I'll just leave it there and share some things I'm grateful for today: (items in red are pre-gratitude - a kind of nudge to the Universe to respond with wish fulfillment.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • Delaware Opportunities
  • Netflix
  • my new camera
  • no new snow!
  • cat toys
  • kitty hugs
  • sleep
  • my mattress
  • new possibilities
  • my Bose sound system
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • a million dollars a year for life from Publisher's Clearinghouse
  • winning the HGTV Dream House
  • my clothes dryer
  • winning lottery tickets
  • music
  • TV
  • my new TV
  • the ability to read and write
  • electricity
  • food
  • HEAP
  • heat
  • clouds
  • rechargeable batteries
  • my red chair
  • my cane
  • legs that work
  • reiki
  • angels
  • wordzzles
  • friends
  • kind neighbors
  • Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert
  • laughter
  • ideas
  • hope
  • life


I wish I knew what she was thinking. Probably, "put the camera
away and stop yelling my name... oh... and throw some toys."
Have a Wonderful Day!
I wish you miracles!

No comments: