Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Daily Reminder # 282



For some reason I'm all disoriented this week about what day it is. It doesn't much matter given my life style - except that I have to remember to put the garbage out on Wednesday nights and get up earlier than usual on Thursdays. Still, I like to know what day it is and sometimes no matter what the signs and markers a day just doesn't feel like it's living up to it's nature. Today has felt like Sunday to me. No idea why. It just  has. Life and the human mind are peculiar sometimes. I watched the movie Social Network yesterday. It was a very well done movie but I'm not sure how I feel about it. I can't stand Facebook. It's one of those irrational biases that some of us carry in life. I know it serves a good purpose and in some ways I might like it if I let myself, but I think you can get swallowed up in a lot of silly stuff like poking and trivial nonsense that I don't really care about. So I avoid it. I'm a curmudgeon about it. Back before Shannon turned into a full-blown teenager and stopped visiting, she lived to go on Facebook. She has her own computer now so I imagine she still spends a lot of time there. I just don't get it. Don't get cell phones either. I mean I get the practical aspect of them, but I've had people visit me and then spend time talking on their cell phones because nobody can be out of touch with everybody they know any more. I'm extreme in the other direction, I guess. A hermit of sorts. 






Thank you to Quilly, by the way who left a comment telling me I'm not as wicked as I think I am. Others have tried to persuade me of this without success, though I am much kinder about myself than I used to be. Thanks for trying, though. 


I'm just rambly tonight. Have CNN on and they played a clip of Charlie Sheen being totally insane and incoherent and being encouraged by people who are using him. It's something I've never liked about our society - our obsession with celebrities, our willingness to worship them and then our willingness to turn on them and make entertainment out of their tragedies and break downs. Now I will stop rambling and just go to gratitude.





Anyway, I'm rambling mindlessly so I'll stop and just move on to gratitude.  Some things I'm grateful for today:  (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an effort to persuade the Universe that it must get cracking and grant my wishes quickly since I have said thank you so nicely.)




  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my house
  • heat
  • water
  • gogi berry juice
  • sam-e
  • my camera
  • viralys 
  • Netflix
  • Pandora Radio
  • my computer
  • indoor plumbing
  • reiki
  • angels
  • Nintendo
  • a Bose sound system
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • $25,000
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • winning lottery tickets
  • $5,000 a week for life from PCH
  • winning the HGTV Vermont Dream House
  • paid off mortgage
  • a clothes dryer
  • my voice
  • my friends
  • my neighbors
  • my nieces and nephew and their families
  • words
  • eyes
  • ears
  • nose
  • the sense of touch
  • my remote control
  • tooth paste an my electric toothbrush
  • Listerine
  • soap
  • Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert
  • YouTube
  • music
  • laughter
  • beauty
  • life



HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

No comments: