Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Daily Reminder # 289


Very tired this evening. Got up very early for the weatherizing people who didn't actually arrive until about 1:30 in the afternoon. They'll be here very early for the next few days though, so I guess I'm going to have to have a sleep rhythm make-over... or try. I've wanted to do that for months and not been able to do it, so I guess we'll see. Meanwhile, I'm very tired and a touch anxious although the three men who came were extremely nice. And they are doing wonderful things. It's a pretty cool program. Today, they looked around and I think got set up for the days to come when they will insulate my crawl space (basement-ette) where the furnace is, insulate the room where the water heater is (and fix the ceiling which is coming down a little - eeeek...). They'll also add insulation below the roof and maybe in some other places. Today, the head guy replaced the two or three remaining bulbs that weren't energy efficient and put this very cool nozzle thingy on my kitchen sink. You can push this little thing up and down and the water shifts between regular flow and a spray. They're going to replace the shower head too. And they also fixed the weather stripping on my front door, something that has been much needed.  I guess they'll do the back door too.




Angel doesn't take these incursions into her kingdom (princessdom?) very well. She boxed herself under the desk for most of the afternoon. I suspect she will do that tomorrow or hide under the blankets on the bed or somewhere else. Tara Grace takes all these things in her stride. Maybe because she lived on the streets for so long, she knows real danger when she sees it. In any case, I guess we'll survive. They said it will take about 4 days but they don't work on Fridays, so I guess they'll be back on Monday next week too. It's all very wonderful and very anxiety producing.  Tragically, they told me that the weatherization program may be cancelled next year. Besides being good for the environment and helping many, many, many families in Delaware County, this program employs about 20 people who will lose their jobs if it is discontinued. More penny wise, pound foolish "savings" by the geniuses who run things. Makes me cranky. 


Also had a visit from the Pat from the Office for the Aging and donated my decorative walker to their offices. Since I haven't been able to contribute anything for Margaret's help, it made me feel a bit better about that. And I'm glad that someone will get use out of it. I hate it when things get wasted when someone could use them. 


Angel's day began peacefully enough except for
the fact that her human was more than a touch cranky.


The sun was out, toys were thrown, hugs were given.
Things were going pretty well.... and then...
the strangers came.... three of them with odd smells
and boots and funny machines. It was awful....
Thank Heaven for the secret cave under the desk where they
would never find her. 


Anyway, that's the big news. 


Some things I'm grateful for today: (items in red are pre-gratitude, encouragement to the Universe and my inner manifestor to get manifesting...)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my house
  • my camera
  • water
  • chocolate soy silk
  • weather stripping
  • insulation
  • Delaware Opportunities
  • kind workmen
  • box caves under desks
  • signs of Spring
  • my computer
  • Netflix
  • TV
  • cool water faucet thingy (photo tomorrow)
  • Nintendo
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • a clothes dryer
  • winning lottery tickets
  • winning the HGTV Dream House
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • freshly painted bedroom and living room walls
  • a Bose sound system
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • $25,000
  • paid off mortgage
  • the US mail
  • sight 
  • smell
  • touch
  • hearing
  • taste
  • beauty
  • sunshine
  • crows and turkey vultures
  • Sam-e
  • the ability to read and write
  • books
  • movies
  • poetry
  • words
  • music
  • imagination
  • laughter
  • friends
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • life


HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!
Angel adds: 
May it be free of scary strangers.

1 comment:

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Sounds like you have got a very busy few days ahead. I am glad that Angel has ghot a hidey hole away from the men in boots. I love you thankful list and I can relate so much to the one's in red mol. I hope you realise some of them. Hugs GJ x