Thursday, March 31, 2011

Daily Reminder # 304

I don't have any new photos tonight - none that I feel like posting, anyway. The friend for whom I do these daily posts is at a crucial moment on her journey of change, so I thought -I'd post some music to sing her on her path. Though I no longer attend church and my faith is, some might say, somewhat unorthodox, these old hymns touch something deep in my heart. Perhaps the passionate mystical faith of my childhood, perhaps just an innocence that is no longer mine. Perhaps there is just something in the chords and the words that touches a poetic/spiritual place that is beyond theology or "belief." Anyway, I ask you to pray for my friend (she won't let me share her name or even her initial) but I trust that the Universe knows where to guide love when it is issued. We are all one in any case, so a prayer for one is a prayer for all - or that's what I believe. Love and kindness are the most powerful forces on earth. They find their way.  So my friends, here are some good old hymns that I hope will touch your hearts.  I couldn't find the ones I want, but I do like these....



and

I never heard this one before, but I thought it was nice.



and




Some things I'm grateful for today: (items in red are pre-gratitude - an attempt to inspire the Universe to lavish good things on me.)
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • music
  • ear phones
  • YouTube
  • water
  • my home
  • a lovely warm shower
  • heat
  • slightly warmer weather
  • memory
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • my friends
  • the ability to read and write
  • a clothes dryer
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • Nintendo
  • winning lottery numbers
  • freshly painted walls in my bed and living rooms
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • paid off mortgage
  • a Bose sound system
  • my computer
  • the ability to read and write
  • my senses
  • litter box changed, garbage out
  • strawberry/banana yogurt smoothies
  • spanakoptas
  • Netflix
  • reiki
  • angels
  • magic
  • poetry
  • cat toys
  • my red chair
  • my cane
  • that my legs still get me from room to room
  • ibuprofen
  • hope
  • inspiration
  • laughter
  • beauty
  • life



HAVE A GREAT DAY!

No comments: