Thursday, March 17, 2011

Daily Reminder # 290


Well, I'm pooped. Got up at 7:15 which is the middle of the night to me and am especially tired because I was anxious and I didn't sleep much in any case. Angel spent most of the day under the desk. Tara Grace - who seems to take commotion in her stride - is increasingly sniffly, which has me kind of worried. I think the Viralys for cats (supposed to appeal to their taste buds) is not going down well. Literally. Maybe it's the stress of all the excitement and the off hours made increasingly off kilter because of daylight savings time, but meals are only being nibbled at by both cats. Tara's drinking a lot of water, which is probably a good thing, but also makes me anxious. To make matters worse, my shopper lady bought a different flavor of cruchies (the thing Tara lives for) and nobody likes them either, so we are in something of a mess here in Hancock.


They guys worked hard all day up in the "attic" and did some work on the furnace, though I guess they were missing a part or something, so they have to do it again tomorrow. I don't know where they stand as far as how much is left to do. I forgot to take pictures of the gadgety thing they put on the kitchen faucet. It's really cool, though. 


Tomorrow Margaret will be here too, so I think I'll ask her to get some Saint Patrick's Day cupcakes and some juice for the nice people working for here as a small way of saying "thank you." 


The good thing today was that first thing in the morning I saw my first Robin of the season, followed in no time by a WOODCHUCK, which waddled by too fast for me to really get a good photo. And I'm pretty sure I saw a blue jay too, but it was way far away and it was a grey, gloomy day.

Out of hibernation! Spring is coming! Spring is coming!
Some things I'm grateful for today:  (items in red are pre-gratitude; my attempt to cajole and persuade the Universe to manifest what I am thanking it for... and to do it NOW.)
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • music
  • Pandora Radio
  • wood chucks
  • robins
  • blue jays
  • my camera
  • my microwave oven
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • winning the HGTV Vermont Dream House 
  • paid off mortgage
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • $25,000
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • winning lottery tickets
  • fresh paint on my living and bedroom walls
  • Nintendo
  • a clothes dryer
  • a Bose sound system
  • brighter, energy-efficient light bulbs
  • my mattresss
  • blankets
  • sleep (I hope tonight) since I have to get up at dawn again
  • reiki
  • angels
  • my friends
  • my neighbors
  • coffee and International Delight
  • water
  • Peach/Mango yogurt smoothies
  • human resilience - I am awed by the dignity and courage of the Japanese people
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • the ability to read and write
  • the internet
  • my TV
  • sight
  • hearing
  • taste
  • touch
  • smell
  • Delaware Opportunities
  • lots and lots of insulation
  • the Irish
  • language, words, poetry
  • sleeping kitties
  • litter box changed; garbage out
  • the garbage man
  • Margaret
  • kindness
  • freedom
  • laughter
  • breath
  • life
Kitty and human are both exhausted.  Tara is keeping a low profile.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

No comments: