Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Earth Day

I'm still deeply in the dumps. Wanted to wish everyone a Happy Earth Day and apologize because I'm pretty much not visiting anyone... I still care about you, I just need to be inward, I guess. It's cold here still despite the daffodils and buds and forsythia. I'm so looking forward to open windows and not feeling cold.... and it will happen. It's already happening.

Anyway, this little grackle posed so sweetly for me this morning that I can't resist sharing her (I don't know why I think it's a girl... maybe because I think she's building a nest).



Oh - one other thing... friends of mine told me about this organization called Angel Food Network. Seems like a good organization to me and a way to make significant economic cuts into your food budget in difficult times. According to the website, there are no income qualifications and no registration. It's pretty meat heavy, so maybe not a solution for vegetarians, but...

Happy Earth Day!

8 comments:

quilly said...

Lovely Earth Day pics!

gabrielle said...

May you find comfort and shelter in this day. Black birds have the most amazing sheen. Hugs!

Happy earth day

San said...

Raven, your grackle is lovely. Yes, a "she"!

I hope you feel better. I believe a lot of people are feeling a little down now. I'm sorry you're feeling "deeply" down. Wishing you some joy...I have a post about a cohort of Troy Donahue. Don't know if that will bring you up or further down.

Deborah Godin said...

I hope the sweet energy of Springtime, of renewal, and being cozy in your own little nest brings you comfort. Happy Earth Day to you, too!

raino said...

hope you get feeling better soon! sunnier days will come.

Nessa said...

Beautiful birdy to celebrate Earth Day.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Not sure what I'll be doing for Earth day yet.
But I'm here to wish you a happy earth day.

Batteson.Ind said...

hope you're feeling better soon.. beautiful pics of the grackle, as I've said before it's always interesting seeing other birds. All the best things!