|The Colbert Report||Mon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c|
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
That's my news. Will be glad when it's over, am glad that it has begun. Am so grateful for this awesome gift.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
I got up early, gave the cats food, shut them into the bedroom, forgot something in the bedroom, chased Angel, who got out, put her back in (squirming and crying), got myself washed and dressed, went into the kitchen to take the last things out and do a little final cleaning, got settled at the computer....
And then the phone rang.... They got delayed on a job yesterday because of the rain. They aren't coming today. They will be here tomorrow. They are sorry. I am sorry.
I am tired. I am sad. I am anxious. I am frustrated. It's 10:30 and I need a nap. That's my story.
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Late afternoon on Wednesday, Nate and Dan and friends of theirs came with the new refrigerator and set it up in my living room, took the old one away along with some of the junk I've been longing to see go but couldn't afford to have hauled away. The friends came back the next night and took away rotting sofa from my back porch and the big one that used to be in my living room, so a lot of excess baggage has mercifully gone away. The new fridge is HUGE as you can see and quite wonderful, though it's a touch odd to have it here next to my desk. I think I'll truly appreciate it when it's in it's rightful spot in the kitchen in a week or two or three. We locked Angel in the bedroom for the whole process but Tara Grace sat on the window sill, totally unfazed by the commotion. She is such a Zen kitty in some ways. Just don't try to pick her up. She remains gentle, but not even a little zen. Poor Angel is taking all the commotion pretty hard, but I guess she'll get over it once it's behind us. She's usually so spunky, but this has shaken her a bit. She had taken to living on top of the old fridge (see photos below) and now has lost even that refuge. Poor baby.
Dan and Nate came over yesterday afternoon and generously moved the bulk of the kitchen materials into the back room and set up my microwave, kitchen table and a place to feed the cats here in the living room. Margaret, who comes every other Tuesday worked with me last week to finish packing up what I hadn't done yet, so now pretty much everything is out of there and it's just a matter of waiting, filling up as many bottles of water as I can on Monday evening and hoping that the whole process goes quickly and smoothly. It's an odd way to live, but hopefully it won't last too long. They were supposed to start the kitchen on Monday but have put it off until Tuesday.
and some kitties... the zen the not so zen and the zen again...
Friday, September 25, 2009
This is week 82 of the Saturday Wordzzle challenge. Anyone new to the process can refer back here to find out how it works. My apologies for posting so late. I had just started writing (trying to write) mine quite late to begin with and then Nate and Dan drove up and moved my kitchen into my living room (pictures tomorrow), so I am ready for the work to start on Tuesday.... or pretty much ready. Now it's 8:00 and I have to settle down and try to write three wordzzles. With these nutty words. Aggggh!
The words for this week's ten word challenge were: Tibetan sky, symbols, won’t you come home Bill Baily, shadow figures, brain cortex, practice makes perfect, life, start of school, lavender, chow down And for the mini: mental hospital, falling leaves, apple cider, packing crates, clues
Matilda was dreading the start of school. Even the beauty of the falling leaves and the sweet aroma of her mother's hot apple cider could not lift her spirits. Ever since the accident which had damaged her brain cortex, Matilda had been subject to strange dreams and sometimes to waking dreams and strange shadow figures which were difficult to distinguish from what was real. The worst of the dreams was one in which she was locked in a room with a bunch of packing crates decorated with strange symbols and a talking mouse who insisted that she must interpret the symbols before she could leave the room. "Practice makes perfect," he repeated over and over in his squeaky voice. When she explained that she didn't know what the symbols meant he would nod sagely and reply, "yes you do. Practice makes perfect. You will see." Sometimes he sounded a lot like her mother and sometimes like the therapist from the hospital. She knew the dream had something to do with returning to school after a year's absense, but she didn't know what they meant and they just made her feel more frightened about what was to come. She had always been something of an outsider even before and now and she feared that even the few friends she had had would probably be steering clear of her. Possibly the worst result of her injury was that she tended to break into song for no reason and without even knowing that she was doing it - kind of a singing Tourette's Syndrome her doctor had called it, trying to make her laugh. (She didn't think it was funny,) Her repertoire (she had no clue as to where she had learned these songs) ranged from: won't you come home Bill Bailey to Under a Tibetan Sky to There Once Was a Lavender Cowboy to Oh the Good Life, to Gonna Chow Down in China Town. It was a surprisingly long list. She had no idea how she even knew these songs. In the mental hospital where she had spent much of her recuperation time, she had been a big hit, which told her just what a school full of catty teenagers was going to think of her. She was doomed, she thought, breaking into a chorus of I've Been Workin' on the Railroad.
"Practice makes perfect" the lama had told him at the start of "school" as he called his journey to Tibet to learn meditation and put himself on the path to a better, more spiritual life. "Focus your energy and attention in the brain cortex and allow Spirit to send whatever message it wishes to send to you. Don't try to force anything, simply let the symbols or message come to you. I know you are eager for something dramatic, but be patient my young friend. When I began this path, I saw strange shadow figures, vague insubstantial forms that I could not clearly make out. When I went to my teacher to complain of my failure, he told me to have patience and indeed over time these beings moved out of shadow and became clear to me. There is no hurry. So he had persisted patiently day after day to still his mind and sit in quiet meditation, hoping for the shift the lama promised him would come. But, he had not been prepared, sitting here under the Tibetan Sky to hear his mother's voice, as though she were standing at his shoulder, saying, "won't you come home Bill Bailey and chow down with me on some savory orange and lavender chicken? Was there no escaping the woman, he wondered? That was, at least in part, what he had come all this way to do. He hoped the lama could help. Surely that impossible woman could not be his spirit guide. Breathe, he told himself, and stay focused. As he did, another figure came forward laying a hand on his heart. And as it did so, he felt a sense of pure peace flow over him. "I love you Mom," he whispered, but I'm busy right now. We'll have dinner when I get home." And as the words were spoken it was like a chain was broken and a new kind of love flowed between him and his mother and then between him and the world. He was at peace.
And the mini:
Jane sat quietly numb on the packing crates that held the contents of what had been her home, a cup of apple cider in her had as she waited for the movers who were now past due. She looked out the window at the falling leaves as they floated down from the branches of her beloved oak tree and wondered how she could have missed the clues that must have been there. Maybe if she had been paying more attention, it wouldn't all have happened. Margaret would be alive and her son would not be locked up in a mental hospital for the criminally insane. She had failed somehow, she knew, though she didn't know quite how. She had loved him, perhaps too much. She had not seen the darkness in him and she wondered now how she could have missed it? Others had tried to tell her but she had not listened and now, now... now it was too late. She could not fix Margaret or Charlie, her husband's broken heart or her own. She had not heard her husband's footsteps behind her, but his gentle arm around her shoulder was more comfort than she deserved and leaning into his arms, her tears fell as fast as the leaves outside.
Next Week's Ten Word Challenge will be: family, cheese cake, 20 years ago, refrigerator, laugh and the world laughs with you, bath brush, zombies, African violets, butterflies, holding hands
And for the mini: monsters in the closet, roughly, bowling, menu, Pennsylvania
Thanks for playing.
For those who are new, here are some guidelines to make the process more fun.
Enjoy! See you next week.
DON'T FORGET TO ADD YOUR NAME TO MR. LINKY!!!!!
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
I had wanted to post a video that compares the current right wing hysteria of people like Glenn Beck and Limbaugh to the McCarthy witch hunts, but there's no embeddable version available apparently, so if you are interested, you can watch it here. It's worth watching. The comparison is pretty amazing.
Not much to say about these two days, I'll just share prompts as they came to me. I'm too lazy to add much thought to them, though there is food for thought in the idea of being reborn (day 4) each day. And my therapist was working with me on breathing (day 5) the last time we spoke. All the changes have been putting me into a state of high anxiety and I tend to stop breathing when that happens.
I'm adjusting to my new bathroom and loving it more and more each minute, getting more comfortable with the new logistics of moving in there and using the hand grips. Someone came yesterday to measure the kitchen for the linoleum. Angel is living on top of the refrigerator these days. Poor baby. Her new queendom will be taken away soon. Not sure how to finish getting ready for the next phase. I guess Nate and Dan will bring the new refrigerator and help me move the boxes. I actually sat on my bench yesterday (Shannon got the coveted chair at the computer) and Angel escaped briefly. Thank goodness Shannon is young and fast. Alas, now Angel is on alert for escape and ready to raise my anxiety level through the roof every time I have to open the door. Sigh.
Meant to do Ruby Tuesday today but somehow the day is half over and I haven't done it yet, so I think I'll skip again this week.
Guess that's it for now. Today I'm grateful for my new bathroom, things to come, beauty, life, and music.
BIRTH OF GRATITUDE
Allow Gratitude to guide you through NOW to themoment of your conception, your earthly Being-ness.As you journey through to the beginning of YOU let Gratitudebe your guide, remembering a state of perfection, purity, andone-ness with Source.One might be surprised to realize how many times the physicalbody re-creates itself through Gratitude. So it IS with ourenergetic, intellectual, and spiritual Selves, too.You're beautiful, baby!***Go Gratitude!***Imagine this Beloved Union happyning within YOU - one beatingtrue with Love and Gratitude. Feel this pure state of emerging Lifebridging here with NOW, re~birthing *you*, US, everyoneinto a state of Grace through the power of Gratitude.
***Conception: Two cells merge, form a 'vesica piscis' - a deeplysacred shape where the centres of two spheres or circles bisecteach other. Next sperm and ova pass right through each otherto become a single cell or zygote. Then: mitosis and thechromosomes join, then migrate to North and South poles.
Then a tube forms pole to pole and the chromosomes split andmigrate to alternate poles. This is the complete prototype newhuman. The zygote then splits into four cells andforms a tetrahedron inside a sphere. The next division yieldsa star tetrahedron/cube in a shape called 'the egg of life'.
These eight cells reside at the perineum - our centre(geometrically) and literally where we grow from. And animportant esoteric plexus, besides, on which our energy fieldfixates. Anyway, eight cells divide into eight more, form a cubewithin a cube. After this, divisions become asymmetrical as wedifferentiate in all the tiny special little ways that make us, well,special! At sixty-four cells the embryo becomes hollow and thepoles grown together and form a tube torus, one end of whichwill be the mouth, the other, the anus.So, to sum up: life begins as an ovum or sphere, becomes atetrahedron, then a star tetrahedron, a cube, another sphere,and finally, a torus.
(note: the symbol of Gratitude is a tube torus, too! wow!)
(K)NEW BREATH OF YOU
As (k)newly born beings,we begin by first receiving,accepting a naturally abundant source of support~ the Breath of Life ~only to immediately return this gift ...
and then begin again.
Give and Receive
Accept and Release
In and Out
Beginning to End
Our breath is a constant companion,
guide, and connection to Life.
So it is, too, with Gratitude!
breathe deeply, as if this is the One,
the beginning, the first breath connecting
You to Now.Upon release, imagine a state of purity
returning to all creation - this breath
imbued with innocence, Divinity, and Gratitude,
gifted to all by a (k)newly born YOU
***Gratitude Breath MeditationFill your heart with compassion and gratitude by practicing thissimple meditation. Begin by inhaling deeply through the noseand exhaling completely through the mouth; then, inhalethrough the mouth and exhale completely through the nose.As you proceed, meditate on the mantra Saat Naam(True Identity). ~ source: Yogi Tea*******************************************************
World Gratitude Gathering ~
~ Aligning with the Heart's calling and Embracing the
Great*full*ness of Life! ~
Sunday, September 20, 2009
GATHERING MASTERSartwork source: spiritus sanctusGreetings Gratitude Masters,Today, consider twelve people who have profoundlyinfluenced and inspired you ... be these friends, family,authors, explorers, artists or leaders ... remember, these maybe any number of INFINITE possibilities.Call to them with your heart, giving thanks for their presencein your life, sending a wave of energetic appreciation their way.Now, emotionally invite these Masters to guide you throughthese 42 days of World Gratitude - energetically connecting totheir widsom, example and experience - in order to form acircle of support, intimately familiar to YOU, that willultimately serve everyone at World Gratitude.By giving thanks to, connecting with and inviting in thesepowerfully influential beings, our gathering exponentially shifts,our affinity range expands, and our collective field of consciousnessis flooded as we re-awaken to the power of full-spectrumliving - Universal Humans, infinitely connected to One Source,One Love, One NOW.As you choose ... spend some time reflecting on theWheel of Transformation asking:
- What areas are represented by their influence?
- What are your current areas of strength?
- Where might you choose to grow, expand, and integrate
(k)new areas of awareness?
- Who will arrive to assist in this process?
- When might you be called to do this for another, too?* Concept by Barbara Marx Hubbard ** Artwork by Carol H. Grey *Congratulations - our three days of preparation are complete.Remember, throughout the 42 days of World Gratitude (andbeyond!), intentionally focus on Gratitude as you Wake to Dreamand Drift to Sleep, continually holding a silent prayer in yourheart, blessings all bodies of water with your Love and Gratitude.Just imagine where we will be when we reach Day 43!***26 Gemini, The Angels of . . . Spiritual FamiliesBeloved,"Ye must be born again."We teach and inspire those who have experienced rebirth intospiritual awareness, the "second birth".In utero and infancy, the Delta brainwave state of pure beingand oneness with Divine Consciousness and Life and unity withall Creation is natural, effortless, and dominant. Spriritualawareness requires regaining this deep brainwave state of 0 to4 oscillations per second, so that pure being and unity withDivine Consciousness and Creation is experienced as theground of being in everyday life.In this deep brainwave state, complete safety and timelessnessare experienced, the body is alkaline, and omnipresence,omnipotence, and omniscience are accessable.We keep these spiritual families (in Gratitude) so that a state ofcomplete safety is maintained, allowing the deep deltabrainwave state to continue without interruption.Therefore we guide them to form ... societies orfamilies for the purpose of co-creating, knowing,feeling, and manifesting in form, the splendor andmajesty of Divine Life together."Build your house upon a rock."The other brainwave patterns are built upon this delta brainwavefoundation and flow from it. These are deep inner divine thoughtor Theta brainwaves, pure flowing divine feelings or Alphabrainwaves, and divine logic, memory, and sensation of the Betabrainwave state.We carefully guide Children of Light and Love who have beenreborn in this way into spiritual families and communities thatnurture the Divine Kingdom."On Earth as it is in Heaven."Through resonance and art, these individuals and families guideothers into full awakening.Divine Patterns are recursive embedded fractals. Thismeans that every Divine Pattern is repeated over and over again,in ever larger sizes, into infinity, according to precise mathematicalformulas.It is for this reason that an atom looks like a solar system and thatit has been written that each Child of Light is made in the imageand likeness of The Divine."As above, so below."However, even though fractals are similar, each one has uniquefeatures. Everything in Creation that is an expression of DivineConsciousness and Feeling is therefore individual and one of akind. This is a most important polarity: sameness and uniqueness.Therefore, the ONE BEING expresses through Universal Life whichis made up of many continuums that express polarities.~ spiritus sanctus, www.spiritussanctus.com**********************************************************
World Gratitude Gathering ~~ Aligning with the Heart's calling and Embracing the
Great*full*ness of Life! ~
12 masters! Wow... that's not an easy assignment. Who to choose. Here are 12 in totally random order.
1. Louise Hay, author of YOU CAN HEAL YOUR LIFE a book which was greatly influential for me.
2. Jame Mulry, aka "Dr. Jim," my therapist. With laughter, humor, kindness, unbelievable patience, he has helped me unlearn distorted and destructive life views I got from my family, heal from deep wounds of incest and abuse, and listen to and reprogram my own craziness. He is a gift.
3. Richard Henrickson. Rick, who died of a brain tumor 15 year ago, was the unrequited love of my life, but he was also a gifted pastor who lived embodied the essence of scripture without perverting it by trying to control those around him. He had his flaws, but he was a deeply kind and loving man. He was the first person to tell me that my brother was a danger to me and to nudge me into therapy. He also taught me to share my ideas and opinions and raised my self-esteem from non-existence.
4. Jane Roberts and Seth. The Seth Books are channelled material, Seth being a Spirit Guide from "the other side." These books opened a whole new universe to me. Whether or not one believes in channelling or life beyond life, the spiritual guidance and wisdom contained in these books is profound and life altering.
5. Pat Rodegast and Emmanuel. Similar to the Seth Books, Emmaunel is a channelled spirit. I can't say enough good things about Emmanuel's Book I. It's poetic wisdom. I was lucky enough to have a private reading many years ago with Pat and Emmanuel. It changed my life. I will always be grateful for the experience.
I've got to come up with 12? Aggggh! This is only 5.
6. Jesus. Although I am much turned off to the church, which I believe distorts and misunderstand much of what Jesus said, the core teaching of Jesus - about loving your neighbor, doing unto others, that we are children of God (not just the image), the power of forgiveness... are at the core of my own values system.
7. Buddah. Another being who embodied love.
8. My sister Carole. She loved me and encouraged and affirmed me.
9. Connie and Joyce, my reiki teachers. Reiki has been such a blessing in my life. It has allowed me to participate in miracles, to share my love in a tangible way and has deepened my faith in the visceral reality of the Divine.
10. Hal and Sidra Stone. The Stones invented a therapeutic process called Voice Dialog. This is a process of learning to hear and work with the inner voices that run rampant in our heads. Inner critics, inner children. I did a workshop process learning to do this and it changed my life. Recognizing the self-destructive dialog that was going on inside me made me aware of aspects of my life that I hadn't dealt with and helped me move from self hate to having more compassion for my own humanity and suffering. I recommend their books, particularly Embracing Ourselves.
11. My mother. Much of what I learned from my mother was negative. She was a profoundly wounded soul, damaged by cruelty and poverty and brutality in her childhood and by the worst kind of religion - the kind that has no love in it, but only shaming and cruelty. I learned shame from her, but I learned so much else, good and bad. She still rules in my head in negative ways, but she also taught me that kindess mattered, she taught me to think about other people, she taught me about wry humor. She gave love the best way she knew how. She hurt me deeply much if not most of the time, but when I looked at her, I saw a glow of white light around her. She had a passion for justice, a desire to know and learn. From her, I think I got the worst of who I am, but also the best.
12. Esther and Jerry Hicks and Abraham. Abraham is another channeled entity. Last year I read a wonderful book called Ask and It is Given. Humor, love, wisdom. A perfect guide on the gratitude path. The book is brilliant, easy to read and a great guide for living a happier life.
Whew! This was a tough assignment. Of course I wanted to list so many other people... friends and family who have touched and touch me every day. But how to choose?
Saturday, September 19, 2009
I'm thinking maybe I'll post the daily gratitude emails in case anyone wants to join in. I'm a day late doing this and don't promise to be consistent.
Yesterday's suggestion was something I do already. Start and end your day by counting your blessing, giving thanks.
This morning's email read as follows. I like this because although I usually (forgot this morning) give thanks for clean running water when I take my shower, I was too busy struggling with logistics and anxiety this morning to remember, so this was a good reminder to do so retroactively. But back to my main point. I never thought of doing this before. I always like getting a new idea, so here's the email:
HEART OF WATER*artwork gifted by Elizabeth Yelland*Welcome Beloved One-ness,Today, let's begin within and bless all the waters in ourbody. You see, as our blessed Heart beats true with Loveand Gratitude, waters Will begin to mirror divinity within,creating ripples of time expressing Life sublime whilethoughts projecting inner reflectings serve tocreate NOW.
So just imagine ...
By flooding our bodily waters with Love and Gratitudegraceful waves will ripple into all of Creation, e-motionallyprojecting a super-charged vibration, allowing intendedmanifestations to BE.
Give thanks, for it IS so!
As you feel complete within, imagine this blessed beatflowing lovingly through others, and on to all the watersof Earth.
Feel grateful knowing Yes! you are this powerful,connected, and Divine.NOW, as a co-creator of World Gratitude, it's time toset an intention ~ one you wish to see come intobeing ... uniquely suited to serve your highest good, andthat of others, too.
Create a vivid image of this with your imagination.Feel its presence, hear its gift, taste its treasure and seeits depth and magnificence. Love this intention as it ISnow.
Give thanks, in advance, for its manifestation whileallowing the Law of Attraction to deliver this intendedcreation with Grace, style and ease.Perhaps you will wish to share this in the FORUM,allowing others to magnify and accelerate the arrival thispossibility.
You may also choose to record it in a journal, online orwritten. Or ... simply close your eyes and breathe in theintention, breathe out the manifestation.Be true to what feels right for you and all Willmanifest through Love and Gratitude!***
"What happens if you ... allow this charged water(intention) to constantly evaporate (breathe) into theatmosphere where it will interact and proliferate with allthe other water molecules? Now, people and other lifeforms, would be breathing in air which, of course, containsmoisture or water molecules that have been energeticallycharged with our positive concepts, which in turn wouldaffect all the water within their bodies and so on - thusaffecting the entire planet.If we (are yet) to achieve the "no mind" state of beingattributed to the enlightened few, why not bypass thewhole thought process altogether and let the water domuch of this work for us, while we continue to work onourselves? This would allow us to work on ourselves fromboth the inside out and the outside in while simultaneouslyslowly influencing progress in the masses".- The Puzzle Pieces, submitted by D. Freeman.
It is during our time, through managing ourchoices, that we are invited to create an outerworld that mirrors our innermost prayers anddreams. -- Gregg Braden, The Isaiah Effect
Now for a little whining... Sigh... so much for pure gratitude. I'm afraid of my new bathroom. I'm afraid I'll break it. And I'm still having trouble with the new seat. The new height is much better but the floor still feels very slippery when I sit on it. I think I'm going to get myself a rubber mat for the floor of the shower. You'd think a disability shower wouldn't come with a slippery floor, though, wouldn't you? Anyway, the seat folds up, so I can use my old one and I know I just have to learn a new system for how to manage things logistically. I feel stupid for being anxious when I've got all this cool new stuff. What is WRONG with me, anyway. It really is wonderful and I know once it's a little broken in, all this anxiety will go away. I just had to get that out of my system. Kind of like true confessions or something. It sure is pretty in there.
Beautiful day here. Chilly but beautiful. Angel's new thing - kitchen is mostly packed up now and she can access the top of the refrigerator - is to go up there and cry. Being me, I thought she had gotten herself stuck up there and I got anxious and when I get anxious, I get cranky so I started yelling at her because she wouldn't let me help her (probably because she was perfectly fine and didn't need or want any help). Then I had to apologize to her for being cranky. As I'm typing this there has been a loud crash from the kitchen. I'm not even going to go look.
I'm just thankful she's alive and that I'm alive and that all these wonderful blessings are coming to me and that the sky is blue and the tree outside my window is a beautiful fall gold.
and Happy Saturday to all of us.
Friday, September 18, 2009
This is week 81 of the Saturday Wordzzle challenge. Anyone new to the process can refer back here to find out how it works. Thanks again to Argent for this week's words. I'm so tired after the bathroom process that I almost didn't participate this week, but how could I not participate when someone else came up with the words? These were harder than I thought they would be. Whew! Anyone else who wants to volunteer words, please do.
The words for this week's ten word challenge were: dangerous, engine, sullenly, bespoke, evergreen, bauble, medicine, freight, destined, tinsel And for the mini: carbon, feelers, outright, ballet, fizzing
"I prefer baubles to tinsel on my Christmas tree and I prefer a real evergreen to those plastic things, especially those pink ones," Barbra Jane announced rather sullenly. "How can anyone have a PINK Christmas tree? It makes no sense to me she. It bespeaks a dangerous lack of taste. The smell of a real tree is like medicine for the soul. A plastic tree could scar my son for life, especially a pink one. We will NOT have a pink tree. We will not. I don't care if your mother the decorator had it air-freighted to us at great personal cost. It's hideous. I'll compromise on the pink engine on the toy trains, but no way... not the tree. You're married to me, not your mother and this is OUR first Christmas with the Freddie, Jr. in our new house." Fred, who agreed with his wife about pink trees shook his head sadly. I know, baby. I agree. But let me warn you, that when Mother gets here, it is not going to be a Merry Christmas. She will make your life miserable." Barbra Jane smiled at her husband. "That's ok, honey. She would do that anyway. This way, I still get my tree." "I love you, babe," Fred whispered, kissing her on the cheek, "and I admire your courage."
Martin had always had an outright hatred of ballet until he had his daughter. Now seeing her in her little black and yellow tutu, feelers bobbing atop her head, he thought ballet to be the most wonderful art ever created. She was a tiny carbon copy of her mother and that made her even more miraculous to him. He was briefly distracted by the fizzing noise from his cell phone. He had told them not to bother him unless it was a life and death emergency. Luckily the photographer he had hired to record today's event would capture the remainder of his daughter's performance. Not the same as seeing it live, but better than nothing. Some days he hated being a surgeon.
"That's an outright lie!" Jonathan shouted, his voice positively fizzing with outrage. "How can you accuse me of such a thing?" he continued sullenly. The look his wife was giving him bespoke volumes of anger and distrust. It was dangerous and he felt his head roaring with a headache that felt like the sound of a freight engine at full throttle. He was destined for divorce court unless he came up with an explanation quickly. But first he needed headache medicine. "Where the hell is the Asprin," he muttered. She handed him the bottle without speaking. If looks could kill, he'd have had more than a headache. "Pretty dress... looks like tinsel only prettier" he said as the throbbing in his skull began to subside, "did I give you that bauble? I don't remember it. You going to the ballet or something," he stumbled on... slowly realizing that the aforementioned bauble did in fact have a familiar look to it. He had bought it for Janet two weeks ago. His wife's eyed him like a giant bug, feelers probing the air, sensing her prey's confused panic. "Evergreen Jewelers of Carbon City called," she said at last. His headache roared back full steam. "I... uh... was going to surprise you," he stuttered feebly. "Nice try," she laughed, handing him his suitcase. "My lawyer will call you in the morning."
Next Week's Ten Word Challenge will be: Tibetan sky, symbols, won’t you come home Bill Baily, shadow figures, brain cortex, practice makes perfect, life, start of school, lavender, chow down
And for the mini: mental hospital, falling leaves, apple cider, packing crates, clues
Thanks for playing. For those who are new, here are some guidelines to make the process more fun.
Enjoy! See you next week.
DON'T FORGET TO ADD YOUR NAME TO MR. LINKY!!!!!