Thursday, February 23, 2012

Daily (sort of) Reminder # 604



OK... I forgot to post yesterday. I got involved in something on Wednesday night and meant to lie and post early on Thursday and then I forgot.  And I don't have anything to say this evening, really. I'm very cranky. I've been having a weird week. Besides the return of the big yucky sore on my leg, I've been having clutzy syndrome. Tuesday morning I accidentally tossed my tote everything around basket across the kitchen when I was trying to toss a nightgown onto the laundry pile. Then I spilled something else, though I don't remember what and had a series of mini catastrophes. Then last night, I knocked the garbage can over and spilled coffee grounds (the worst part) and other stuff all over the kitchen floor. This morning began with me knocking several things off the counter and then forgetting that I had opened the International Delight and shaking it rather vigorously. My dinner sucked. I treated myself to pre-cooked shrimp since it was on sale and I dished it all up and put some sauce on it and then when I started eating it, it didn't seem quite as cooked as it should have. It was probably fine but once you get that idea in your head.... Now I have to figure out if there's a way I can cook it more even with the stuff on it and whether I want to do that or whether I want to throw an exceptionally pricey meal into the garbage. And I'm cold. So that's all I have to offer tonight. Complaints.Whine, whine, whine. Anyway, I've had better weeks. I'm sure Neale Donald Walsh has something profound I could post but I feel really irritable and I don't WANT to be cheered up.  And of course I feel guilty for forgetting to post. Broke my promise. Sigh. Tomorrow is another day. Thank you for everything. I have no complaints whatsoever (she said after listing a whole bunch of complaints. When I was looking for the link to Alan Cohen's article (Thank you, etc.), I discovered that Suite101.com has apparently dumped it's archives so all my old articles are gone. At least I'm condensing my things to whine about into a few days. Guess that's a good thing. On to gratitude. I do have that.





Some things I'm grateful for today:  (Items in red are pre-gratitude, a training exercise of sorts, to open my heart and mind and spirit to the belief that I am worthy of abundance and an effort to encourage the Universe to encourage me by hearing my prayers and answering them.)

Shadow boxing?
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • coffee and Int'l Delight
  • paper towels
  • granola bars
  • grapefruit
  • cheese
  • Margaret
  • groceries
  • less dirt
  • my furnace
  • 62 degrees
  • my warm robes and heavy cape
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • Vitamin D-3
  • Miracle Foot Repair Cream
  • water
  • my computer
  • email
  • the internet
  • computer games
  • Netflix
  • eye drops
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the mute button
  • Pandora radio
  • music
  • the joy of listening
  • the joy of singing
  • the human voice
  • my awesome Bose speakers that my  niece gave me
  • electricity
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my mattress
  • blankets
  • memory foam
  • my chair/walker
  • my cane
  • that my legs still wobble me around with help
  • peppermint
  • allspice
  • lavender
  • sight
  • taste
  • touch
  • smell
  • hearing
  • a lovely warm shower
  • clean laundry
  • Dr. Bronner soaps
  • Dr. Ihhiru probiotic soaps
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • words
  • literature
  • poetry
  • a clothes dryer
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • a ceiling fan in the bedroom
  • a new front door (Dutch Door)
  • new curtains
  • blinds for the front window
  • paying reiki clients
  • a reading and healing with Nancy DuTertre
  • Nintendo
  • company/companionship
  • company/a party for my 65th birthday
  • a paid off mortgage
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • lower interest rates
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • winning lottery numbers
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH or a million a year for life
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • more flowers/landscaping in the back yard
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • Dennis Puffett
  • amazing National Geographic photos
  • care2.com
  • thehungersite.com
  • my grabber
  • my  nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy, healthy and successful
  • that they seem to love me as I love them
  • my friends
  • my neighbors
  • indoor plumbing
  • the view from my front window
  • the promise of Spring
  • PBS
  • the Sci-Fi Channel
  • Comedy Central
  • Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert
  • Google
  • SKYPE
  • words
  • literature
  • ideas
  • inspiration
  • Advil
  • resilience
  • determination
  • kind people
  • beautiful things
  • personal treasures
  • my rock collection
  • possibilities
  • hope
  • love
  • laughter
  • life
Wishing You Nothing to Whine About
and a Gift for Finding the Positive

No comments: