Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Farewell Project Blue Conglomeration

Today is the eleventh and final day of Anna Carson's Project Blue. It's hot and humid here and the muse has apparently decided to vacation elsewhere for the final day of Project Blue. I close with what feels like a fizzle. Not that the rest of my posts were that great, but I just couldn't make anything work the way I wanted it to today. The big cross-like thing would not cooperate no matter what I did. It was a house-warming gift when I got my first apartment 41 years ago. It's old and worn out and discolored but it's precious to me. I came up with what seemed like a very cool way to photograph it, but I couldn't make it work - not after dark anyway. I may try again in the morning and if it works, I'll add it. As for the rest...

The little blue bear was a gift from my nephew many years ago.



I am a compulsive worrier. My niece saw this and felt she had to buy it for me. It is sage counsel and a good reminder to me.

Donna O'Toole - a wonderful friend - made this for me in the dim past. I don't know how to honor the place Donna held in my life. Losing her friendship - or at least losing track of it - still makes me sad.

Ok... I'm adding this... It's still not right because I don't really know how to use the camera except to just point and shoot, but it's at least the idea of what I wanted to do...


This is the cover of one of my friend Saggio's CDs. His music is wonderful.

This little birdhouse is on the tree in front of my house. So far, I've never seen any birds in it, but I hope maybe one day someone will move it.


My nephew's gift again.


Looking forward to Anna's next adventure in color. Thanks to Anna for hosting this project and to those of you who have been kind enough to visit and leave kind comments.

My Project Blue posts include:

Blue Skies
Seldom Used Objects
A Box and Some Rocks
Peace
A Strange Assortment
Viviane's Gift
Blues around the House
Clouds and Blue Skies
Blue Madness
Odds and Ends
Blue Conglomeration

8 comments:

Robert said...

I love your spirit of not wanting to give up. You know what you want and continue to work until you get it. That's great work.

jams o donnell said...

What a wonderful set of photos Raven.

Gattina said...

The little blue bear is very cute and blue, lol !
I think Anna Carson will do another color in a while. I too regret that it is over now !

Stacey Olson said...

Don't be blue.. it is great that the gifts you have been given mean so much to you, 40 some years later.. thanks for sharing your project blue..

Odat said...

I just love that blue bear! Thanks so much for sharing your "blues" with us!
Peace

maryt/theteach said...

Anna, will have another project, Raven! Hope it's Orange or Purple or spmething like that. I've the birdhouse and yes, maybe someday some birdy family will move in.

Carletta said...

I think these are great Raven!
I love the little glass bear and beside that CD - truly speaks Native American!
Thank you visiting my blues and leaving such wonderful comments. And...just because the blue is gone doesn't mean I won't be back -I will!

Dianne said...

I love the bear. and the beads over your worry not plaque

you have beautiful eyes Raven.

I'm going to miss Blue :)