Saturday, August 27, 2011

Daily Reminder # 445


I'm too caught up in thinking about hurricanes and whether I'm really prepared (what can I do, really?) I've bottled extra water, I have candles and matches and food. As far as I know, we are due to get heavy rain and winds as high as 60 or 60 plus mph. Could be worse, I guess. My friends in Deposit probably have to worry about flooding. I'm on the top of a hill, so I should be ok. There's always the chance of losing electric, but I guess I'll live in any case. I worry about my friends in New York and Cape May. I'm glad my therapist chose this moment in natural disaster time to take his son to Europe. (His son is spending a year in Amsterdam. How cool is that!) Anyway, I'm just going to do gratitude and pictures. The pigeon gang has moved into town.  They really come in like a kind of feathered mafia, though I suppose they are no greedier than the sparrows. It's just that they are so BIG. When they are on the porch the sparrows hover at the edges hoping to maybe get an occasional seed or two.

















Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an attempt to inspire generosity in the hearts of the Creative Forces of the Universe so that they will rain (figuratively) clothes dryers and big checks and piles of cash down upon me.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • granola bars
  • water
  • electricity
  • fans
  • my windows
  • my house
  • my back yard
  • my back door
  • the birds and critters
  • my camera
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • email
  • computer games
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the mute button
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • Vitamin D-3
  • purring kitties
  • google
  • YouTube
  • AIM
  • SKYPE
  • the telephone
  • peanut butter
  • paper towels
  • coconut oil
  • Vitacost.com
  • a clothes dryer
  • winning lottery numbers
  • freshly painted living and dining rooms
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • Nintendo
  • more flowers in the back yard
  • new curtains
  • blinds for the front window
  • a ceiling fan in the bedroom
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • paid off mortgage
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • touch
  • smell
  • sight
  • hearing
  • taste
  • music
  • Pandora radio
  • the joy of singing
  • food
  • my cane
  • my chair/walker
  • that my legs still get me around with help
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • the capacity for change
  • thinking
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my rock collection
  • beauty
  • my friends
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy and successful
  • ideas
  • inspiration
  • imagination
  • words
  • poetry
  • wordzzles
  • humor
  • laughter
  • love
  • life

WISHING YOU A SAFE AND HAPPY DAY
WITH SPECIAL PRAYERS FOR 
THOSE IN HURRICANE IRENE'S PATH

No comments: