Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Daily Reminder # 705


Had not really planned to take such a long break, but so it goes. I'm now officially 65. I'm legally old.  I know I'm going to be disappointed that choirs of angels do not descend from the heavens and crowds of friends and family marvel that I have made it this far, but there is one part of my fevered brain that looks for just such things to happen EVEN though I know that they won't and would think they were crazy if they did. So it goes. I asked my therapist to change my session this week, so I'd get at least one call for my birthday. My friends are coming on Wednesday to celebrate my birthday and their anniversary. I got myself a couple of scratch off lottery tickets. Maybe I'll win something. (I'll let you know.)  I have a good movie to watch too. The Artist. Really looking forward to seeing it.





Thank you to those who sent good vibes to Angel. She has come through her big adventure with great aplomb. She wasn't so keen on being put in the carrier, but apparently adjusted pretty quickly. The tumor was just fatty tissue. Numerous people have told me I could have left it, but I think she is acting better now that it's gone. I think it bothered her even if I could touch it without a reaction from her, I felt like she has not been herself lately and now she seems to be less dis-spirited. Of course it doesn't hurt that the weather has improved and that we aren't all melting.  Still, even though it was money I didn't have and maybe I could have let it go, I'm glad that I had the nasty little invader taken out of my girl. The vet will come in a week or so and remove her ugly sutures.  I'd appreciate your prayers for another kitty. A big old boy named Bear who I knew back in Callicoon. He is going through a bit of a rough time right now. 


See my baby's incision? She was very brave.

This is Bear about 6? years ago in Callicoon


I've been watching a Canadian TV series called Flashpoint.  Not the kind of show I normally watch, but I really like one of the actors, so I thought I'd see what it was like. It's filmed in Toronto - gorgeous city - where my nephew and his wife live. So far I have wept my way through a number of episodes.  I don't know if that means it's good or if I'm just a weep-a-thon right now.







Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an effort to joyfully embrace abundance and to make friends with the Creative Forces of the Universe.)


  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • making it to age 65
  • my home
  • water
  • coffee and Int'l Delight
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • email
  • computer games
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the mute button
  • my camera
  • the view from my front window
  • my back yard
  • cooler weather
  • fans (not THAT cool)
  • my mattress
  • granola bars
  • cheese
  • sesame chips
  • my chair/walker
  • my cane
  • that my legs still wobble me around with help
  • Netflix
  • the telephone
  • Google
  • YouTube
  • a safe, affordable way to hook up my dryer
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • getting my furniture rearranged
  • thermal blinds for the front window
  • more flowers/landscaping for the back yard
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH or a million or any large amount of money
  • winning lottery numbers
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • lower interest rates
  • company/companionship
  • Nintendo
  • one or more whistling vessel gatherings
  • a paid off mortgage
  • a new (Dutch) front door
  • a ceiling fan in the bedroom
  • more paying reiki clients
  • clean windows
  • a mattress for the guest bedroom
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy, healthy and successful
  • my friends
  • Dr. Jim
  • my neighbors
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • Vitamin D-3
  • Dr. Bronner soaps
  • Dr. Ihhiru probiotic soaps
  • Nexxus shampoo
  • indoor plumbing
  • the completion of my Wordzzle book (50 weeks worth)
  • words
  • poetry
  • sight
  • taste
  • touch
  • hearing
  • smell
  • music
  • Pandora radio
  • my awesome Bose speakers
  • the joy of listening
  • the joy of singing
  • the human voice
  • the boom box by my bed
  • imagination
  • hope
  • ideas
  • inspiration
  • paper towels
  • electricity
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my rock collection
  • beauty
  • the colors of the rainbow
  • cardinals, chipmunks, sparrows, and woodchucks
  • flowers
  • blue skies and breezes
  • matches
  • the smell of white sage
  • lavender
  • peppermint
  • allspice
  • my grabber
  • my microwave
  • my refrigerator
  • the President
  • the right to vote (fortunately my state isn't disenfranchising people)
  • tingshas
  • talcum powder
  • fans (did I mention them before?)
  • that Angel is recovering so well
  • the kind vet who came and got her and brought her home
  • enough to eat
  • the Sci-Fi Channel
  • PBS
  • all the things I'm forgetting
  • Social Security
  • Penach Desai's course that starts today (not too late to register)
  • love
  • laughter
  • another year
  • life

Happy Birthday to me and all my 
July 10th siblings and a
Very Merry Un-Birthday to everyone else!

No comments: