Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Daily Reminder # 713


It was a weird day. Nice, still cooler and very livable, but nice. That said, my embrace of going to bed earlier was somewhat compromised by the 9 hours of beeping on the part of my CO2 detector. It wasn't warning me of CO2. It was warning me that it needed a new battery. Except it is a plug in and doesn't HAVE any batteries at the moment. They are only required for a power failure and I have a 2nd (long story) CO2 detector that has batteries. So anyway, this started shortly after 2 AM. I got up and unplugged it, thinking that it would stop beeping. It didn't. It beeped on and on and on - one beep per minute - until around 11 AM when it stopped as mysteriously as it had started.  As if that little electrical glitch wasn't enough, my computer modem - which has been on shaky ground for a while, chose today to die. Another bizarre malfunction. It would let me long onto the Google Chrome Page with my most visited sites, but then would disconnect when I tried to visit any of them. I tried the old turn it on and off trick a few times followed by the unplug it trick a few times, followed by the turn it on and off trick a few more times. It toyed with me. Once or twice it let me get to a website before it disconnected. So anyway, after a few hours of trying to wish it into recovery I called ProNet and they sent somebody with a modem a couple of hours later. He was allergic to cats and didn't want to be here, pulled things out of place and didn't bother to put them back. Took some effort, but I manged to do that, which in a way was good because I cleaned out some of the junk that had fallen behind the table and figured out (I hope) a way for less junk to fall down there. When the guys come and move my furniture around, I want to see if I can put some kind of backing on the shelves so nothing can fall off them where I can't find it. So, anyway. I got up at dawn yesterday and then had beeping noises haunting my sleep last night so I'm cranky in spite of the weather.  Good thing I had lots of extra photos from yesterday...









On a happier note, I'm glad I'm getting meals on wheels, although I'm a bit disappointed that the money I'm saving this month will go to paying for Angel's vet bill and for the new modem. Still, better than adding it to my normal food costs.  The other cool thing about Meals on Wheels is that the nice lady who brings them brings my mail in too, so I don't have to cross my fingers and hope I don't fall out the door getting it. (Did I mention this yesterday? Am I getting old and senile and repeating myself or did I just think it?) 
















Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an embrace of abundance and an invitation to the Creative Forces of the Universe to embrace me back... soon.)  Thank you for...
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my little house
  • cooler weather
  • coffee and Int'l Delight
  • water
  • Meals on Wheels
  • that the meal lady brings in my mail too
  • granola bars
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the mute button
  • my chair/walker
  • my cane
  • that my legs still wobble me from room to room with help
  • that the stupid CO2 detector stopped beeping
  • paper towels
  • coconut oil
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • email
  • my new modum
  • computer games
  • music
  • Pandora Radio
  • my awesome Bose speakers
  • the joy of listening
  • the joy of singing
  • sight
  • taste
  • touch
  • smell
  • hearing
  • electricity
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my rock collection
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • Probiotics
  • Vitamin D-3
  • Vitacost.com
  • my alarm clock
  • indoor plumbing
  • a ceiling fan in the bedroom
  • getting my new (electric) dryer
  • more flowers/landscaping for the back yard
  • thermal blinds for the front window
  • a new (Dutch) front door
  • winning lottery numbers
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH or a million a year or any large sum of money
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • a mattress for the guest bedroom
  • getting my furniture rearranged
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • clean windows
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • lower interest rates
  • a paid off mortgage
  • company/companionship
  • Nintendo
  • one or more whistling vessel gatherings
  • more paying reiki clients
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • my telephone
  • Dr. Jim
  • Netflix
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • Dennis Puffett
  • my friends
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy, healthy and successful
  • my neighbors
  • words
  • poetry
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • YouTube
  • GOOGLE! (how did I manage before Google?)
  • that the meals on wheels lady brings in my mail
  • shampoo
  • Dr. Ihhiru probiotic soap
  • Dr. Bronner soaps
  • annoying modem deliverers whose bad behavior leads to me solving a long-term problem
  • that I can use the bread from Meals-on-Wheels to feed the birds
  • my camera
  • left-over pictures from yesterday
  • ideas
  • imagination
  • Stephen Colbert
  • Jon Stewart
  • my refrigerator
  • SKYPE
  • my electric toothbrush
  • toothpaste
  • Listerine
  • lavender
  • white sage
  • things I'm forgetting - I know there are a bunch again
  • love
  • laughter
  • life
May Your Day's (Life's) Glitches
Turn Out to Be Blessings

No comments: