Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Gratitude, Day 12


Oh, dear. Not feeling so well this morning. Went to bed early last night only to spend most of it feeling ill, so I didn't get much sleep and have woken up achy, tired and a touch cranky. Angel who I quite literally shrieked at this morning (she was swinging one of the pictures over the sofa with wild enthusiasm and not responding to polite or even loud "no's"), would probably say that cranky is something of an understatement. I have a hint of a headache and I'm chilly and all I really want to do is go back to bed. So much so, in fact, that there's a good chance I'll do that in a little while. So anyway, it's the kind of morning when gratitude isn't just bouncing around my psyche waiting to get out. I'm having to dig a bit. But there's always something there.

At this moment as I type this, the aforementioned naughty Angel is sitting on my hands and kneading and purring and warming my chilly heart and body up. How can I not be grateful for that? How can I not be grateful that she forgives me my grouchy moments and that she loves me. And I'm always grateful when Tara Grace comes by to sit and stare and let me touch her. She has come so far in the past 4 years.

And I live a life where when I wake up feeling like I do this morning, I CAN just go back to bed and try to sleep it off. So I'm grateful for that.

And I'm grateful that it's a gorgeous day outside. The sun is out and there are pretty clouds highlighting the lacework of the winter branches. I'm grateful that I have my wonderful little camera and can just grab it up and take as many pictures as I want. What a gift digital cameras are. I'm grateful that even though I did damage the light sensor stupidly taking pictures of the sun (seemed like a good idea at the time), the camera still works by and large.

Surely this is a day when I'm grateful for my "thank you for everything, I have no complaints whatsoever mantra." It's the days when I don't even begin to mean it that it comes in most handy.

4 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

I'm sorry the ucky angel is paying you a visit.
Hope your feeling better soon.

Coffee is on.

Dianne said...

Feel better!

We call the kneading 'paw-paw' - Siren always did it to his bed or the sofa but recently he did it to me. One of those great moments.

Anonymous said...

We call it making bread.

Hope you are feeling better soon!!!

Carletta said...

Sorry to hear you arent' feeling well. I hope you did go back to bed and get some rest.
The picture is glorious!