Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Gratitude, Day 25


Well, I had planned to do something a bit different today, but I woke up to a world of new snow falling, so I'm taking the lazy way out and we're having pictures. These are especially aimed at the snow deprived who don't get to enjoy the beauty of this season. I'm really not that fond of winter or of snow, but it IS pretty. I'm so grateful for my camera, so grateful for the beauty of fresh snow, so grateful that I don't have to go out in it. Grateful too, the my neighbor Shawn brings his snow blower and clears my snow for me so I never have to worry about that.

Shannon got the day off from school so she's sitting here with me this morning. I'm grateful for her laughter and that she is entertaining Angel while I do this. We're trying to video tape some of it so maybe there will entertainment at some time in the future... or maybe just six minutes of exceedingly boring video of cats playing. I'm grateful too for Shannon's laughter.

First, you have to see a picture of my beautiful new telephone. It seems to be kitty proof so far and you can use speaker phone without it being all echo-y.


I am very happy. It has a thing for mounting on the wall so I may do that and hopefully that will make it totally kitty proof. But back to snow.

Here's what greeted me this morning. Isn't it beautiful?


This is looking to the mountain...
it's completely hidden by the snow

Well, I have to play with my friend now, so I hope you all have a wonderful day!

15 comments:

Finding Pam said...

What a beautiful post full of gratitude. I love the snow pictures, since I live in Texas and hardly ever get snow. Where do you live? How long does it stay cold? We are not prepared for snow and all it does is make everything mushy and colder.

I like your new phone. Have a great day.

Geraldine said...

My first comment went poof!!!

Great post Raven. I am soooo anticipating the first snow fall here in BC, can't wait. YOur photos were wonderful. So glad I stopped in.

Wishing you a wonderful snow day, G

www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

You've got more than us! That's unusual! But ours just started today...I think the storm came through your area on its way to ours. Some schools around here were closed. Others on 1 and 2 hour delay. It's coming down pretty good now, though...we'll see how much we end up with.

I'm done early today...don't have to go back until next Monday. I'm very happy about that!

Beautiful pictures! Keep them coming!

Lulda Casadaga said...

Oh, I'm sooo jealous...I love the snow! We got some rain last nite down here in NO VA. I see you live up yonder. My cousin lives near Milford, PA down the road from you a bit! :D
My husbands relatives live in Binghamton...my mom is in Jim Thorpe, PA...I always tell him
I would like to move to PA...I especially like the area above 84 and below NY border. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to be satisfied with visiting for now! ;)
Enjoy that snow and keep warm!!

Hilary said...

Those are lovely snowy photos. The black and white works so well that way.

Raven said...

Hi everybody - glad you enjoyed the snow.

Hilary - they aren't actually black and white, thought they look like they are. The snow was so complete this morning that the world kind of looked black and white. If you look closely, you'll see a spot of yellow in the first one in the bottom group and some green in the branches.

Hilary said...

Well how about that. I see it all now that I enlarged them. Very cool. :)

Jim said...

I like your snow pictures, this will be the most snow I probably will see all year (we don't have snow here in south Texas).

I came looking for a Ruby Tue but was rewarded by your new phone and the snow. I know you have troubles sometimes finding a red picture and this is a really fine post with me.

I was hurting for red as well, mine is just in a sign over a bathroom door. :-)
..

Dianne said...

they do look B&W!! and they're beautiful

cool phone

Linda Murphy said...

A winter wonderland! How beautiful. Thanks for letting us enjoy the snow through your photos!

Hope that new phone is working well! It's very specky!

Anonymous said...

Here I sit in a t-shirt, shorts and barefooted singing, "Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow." But of course I mean "Let It Snow at Raven's house!"

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

Just beautiful, Raven. There's nothing like snow for amazing photos. We had some incredible frost here last week so I ran out and shot some 100+ pix! LOL!! You can see them here if you'd like.

And what a lovely post, focusing upon gratitude. It does a heart good to be thankful. :D

Quiet Paths said...

I am so jealous. Here we have a few days off and nothing to ski on out here in MT. I'm really hoping for some major precip here in a few days. These are lovely photos and so peaceful. You have so many nice trees and bushes. Have a very warm and happy Thanksgiving.
PS: I sent you an email via my quietpaths email I hope you got it.

Carletta said...

Lovely, lovely, pictures!
We had flurries but nothing stuck to the ground. :(
I love the ones of the tree branches - so calming.
Hope you had a great day with Shannon.

storyteller said...

What a delightful series of snowy photographs! I would have spent MY day looking outside too. Nifty new phone ;--)
Hugs and blessings,