Friday, December 30, 2011

Daily Reminder # 560


Except that it was bitterly cold out, it was a reasonably nice day today. This evening Shannon came by and brought me a Christmas present and baked some cookies for some school event. Since we had to turn the oven on to bake cookies (pre-made out of a can), she got to have an encounter with our resident rodent whose name is now Louise. I screamed out loud ( just like in the cartoons) when Louise made her dash for cooler climes than the oven heading right towards me, then circled a bit when she noticed the giant thing in her path and eventually disappeared at the far end of the room somewhere. Mercifully the cats were elsewhere and everyone is still alive and healthy.  Tara was gracious enough to pose for me today. I'm putting the last of her long overdue antibiotics into her food in the mornings. She ate a good deal of it this morning. Hopefully tomorrow will go as well.




Hard to believe that another year is almost over. I've been in my little house for a little over 6 years. Moved in in late November (thanks to the kindness of the sellers) and signed the contract on December 1st 2005. Time sure flies.  I think I had something else to say but I don't remember what it is. Still waiting to hear any news from Maple Farm Sanctuary about Cassie who wants to be called Emily. A lesson in patience and letting go of results. I hate lessons in patience and letting go of results.... probably why I get so many of them.




Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an exercise in learning to want and ask for things and also, hopefully, a way of inspiring the Creative Forces of the Universe to hear my hopes and wishes and grant their fulfillment.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my little house
  • my furnace
  • my new and improved fuzzy robes)\
  • my heavy cape
  • my little coffee maker
  • coffee and International Delight
  • cinnamon
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • computer games
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the mute button
  • PBS
  • Netflix
  • music
  • Pandora radio
  • my awesome Bose speakers
  • the joy of listening
  • the joy of singing
  • my cane
  • my chair/walker
  • that my legs still get me around with help
  • my Christmas tree
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • Vitamin D-3
  • lavender
  • allspice
  • peppermint oil
  • peanut butter
  • coconut oil
  • my camera
  • pictures of Tara Grace
  • Angel hugs
  • paper towels
  • electricity
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my rock collection
  • beauty
  • the view from my front window
  • a visit from Shannon
  • a clothes dryer
  • winning lottery numbers
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • Nintendo
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • lower interest rates
  • paid off mortgage
  • a reading and healing with Nancy DuTertre
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • company/companionship
  • new curtains
  • blinds for the front window
  • non-violent anti-mousification of my home
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • Cassie/Emily
  • Dennis Puffett
  • the telephone
  • blankets
  • my mattress
  • the Christmas moose
  • ideas
  • inspiration
  • words
  • poetry
  • literature
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to think
  • sight
  • hearing
  • taste
  • touch
  • smell
  • my body
  • water
  • Crocs
  • my friends
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy, healthy and successful
  • that they love me and I love them
  • email
  • snail mail
  • witch hazel
  • my  neighbors
  • possibilities
  • imagination
  • humor
  • laughter
  • compassion
  • determination
  • resilience
  • love
  • life

MAY YOUR DAY BE RICH IN LOVE AND GRACE!

No comments: