Saturday, December 31, 2011

Daily Reminder # 561


Not much news tonight. The year 2011 is ticking away and the strange line of time demarcation that opens a new year is heading towards us.  I think some people think the world is coming to an end of sorts. I don't, though in some ways much of the world's population seems to be doing it's darnedest to either blow ourselves up or pollute ourselves to death. Our media tells us all the bad stuff, but I think there is much good happening too. In any case, even though New Year's Eve is one of my least favorite of all occasions, I hope you have a good one, spent wrapped in the warmth of friends, or in solitude, whichever you prefer. However you spend it, may it bring hope and love and new possibilities - and even dreams come true - in its wake.  Today will be the last reiki session for Emily (aka Cassie). I still haven't heard back from the Sanctuary, but she feels happier to me. 




Some things I'm grateful for today:  (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an effort to teach myself to embrace the idea that it's OK for me to want things and OK for me to have them and at the same time to inspire in the Creative Forces of the Universe, a desire to provide me with my heart's desires.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my home
  • new possibilities
  • water
  • egg nog
  • broccoli
  • my furnace
  • weatherization
  • my nice warm Christmas robes that I don't hate
  • my camera
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the mute button
  • electricity
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my rock collection
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • Netflix
  • a day with no mouse sightings
  • Schwans
  • music
  • Pandora radio
  • my awesome Bose speakers
  • the joy of listening
  • the joy of singing
  • beauty
  • sight
  • taste
  • touch
  • smell
  • hearing
  • my body
  • my hands
  • the view from my front window
  • my cane
  • my chair/walker
  • that my legs still wobble me around with help
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy, healthy and successful
  • that they love me as I love them
  • my friends
  • my neighbors
  • computer games
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • my hair clip
  • my Christmas tree
  • lavender
  • allspice
  • coconut oil
  • peanut butter
  • Dr. Ihhiru's Probiotic soap
  • Dr. Bronner's soaps
  • my electric toothbrush
  • my teeth
  • indoor plumbing
  • a clothes dryer
  • Nintendo
  • winning lottery numbers
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • a reading and healing with Nancy DuTertre
  • a paid off mortgage
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • lower interest rates
  • more flowers/landscaping for my back yard
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • company/companionship
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • new curtains
  • blinds for the front window
  • a non violent demousification of my home
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • words
  • poetry
  • wordzzles (once again I didn't do mine on time)
  • imagination
  • ideas
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • Vitamin D-3
  • witch hazel
  • my grabber
  • books
  • resilience
  • determination
  • paper towels
  • the telephone
  • google
  • SKYPE
  • YouTube
  • my microwave
  • my kitchen
  • water
  • the colors of the rainbow
  • Dennis Puffett
  • mail
  • email
  • connections
  • the capacity for change
  • my mattress
  • blankets
  • the boom box by my bed
  • everyday miracles
  • nature
  • laughter
  • compassion
  • kind people
  • love
  • life

May we take with us into the New Year,
the best of the past
and a vision for the future.

No comments: