Thursday, January 12, 2012

Daily Reminder # 570

Every so often you get lucky with a picture. I just love this one.


Not much to say tonight. Going to share another Neale Donald Walsch message. It reminds me of one of my most favorite therapy memories. Dr. Jim suggested that I might be a bit of a perfectionist. "How could I be a perfectionist," I scoffed. "I never do anything right." He burst out laughing and I realized that maybe I was a bit of a perfectionist.


On this day of your life, dear friend, 
I believe God wants you to know...
..that at some point it may serve you to decide that
a particular project or undertaking is complete.

Seeking excellence is one thing; never finding
anything totally satisfactory is another.
It is as I have told you before:
Perfection is the obstacle of creation
and the enemy of achievement.

At some point you've got to say, "This is good.
And this is enough."  If you cannot do this, you will
never get anything done -- and that is the opposite
of what you want, is it not?

Love, Your Friend.... 
neale


I've given up perfectionism by and large. Proof?  Posting this photo. I let
spacing imperfections ride. I don't feel the need to post a daily treatise. 
Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude, a lesson for myself in allowing myself to want things and to ask for what I want, and a dare (challenge, request, plea, hint) to the Creative Forces of the Universe to hear my wishes and then grant them!)
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my home
  • my furnace
  • my warm robes
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the mute button
  • my camera
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • email
  • electricity
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my rock collection
  • energy saving light bulbs
  • weatherization
  • music
  • Pandora radio
  • my awesome Bose speakers
  • the joy of listening
  • the joy of singing
  • the human voice
  • the sound of purring
  • sight
  • taste
  • touch
  • smell
  • hearing
  • beauty
  • coffee and Int'l Delight
  • my little coffee maker
  • water
  • Dr. Bronner soaps
  • Dr. Ihhiru probiotic soap
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • Vitamin D-3
  • my grabber
  • lavender
  • allspice
  • coconut oil
  • Netflix
  • SKYPE
  • Google
  • YouTube
  • litter box changed, garbage out
  • vacuums
  • the garbage man
  • computer games
  • a clothes dryer
  • Nintendo
  • lottery tickets
  • more flowers/landscaping in my back yard
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • a paid off mortgage
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • lower interest rates
  • new curtains
  • blinds for the front window
  • a reading and healing with Nancy DuTertre
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH (or a million a year for life)
  • company/companionship
  • non-violent demousification (go away, Louise)
  • a truckload of money
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • Dennis Puffett
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy, healthy and successful
  • that they seem to love me as much as I love them
  • my friends
  • my neighbors
  • my chair/walker
  • my cane
  • that my legs still wobble me from room to room with help
  • my grabber
  • paper towels
  • words
  • poetry
  • literature
  • imagination
  • ideas
  • inspiration
  • my microwave
  • ice cream
  • art
  • beauty
  • my body
  • breath
  • my mattress
  • blankets
  • indoor plumbing
  • resilience
  • determination
  • hope
  • possibilities
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • PBS
  • being useful to someone once in a while
  • human beings
  • Nature
  • love
  • laughter
  • life
MAY YOU HAVE A LOVELY DAY
AND MAY YOU BE KIND TO YOURSELF

No comments: