Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Daily Reminder # 576


I know the Angel pictures are getting kind of repetitive, but I don't have anything else at the moment. I've been very weak-willed of late and kept the furnace at 62 starting from 1 o'clock on. I was going to do this new system of running it warm for 2 hours and then see how warm the house stayed, but I was feeling chilly even at 62 so I somehow never tottered over to the thermostat to turn it down. I had a lovely surprise today. A belated Christmas card, a note and gift from the wonderful photographer Corinne Botz.  I met Corinne when I had my agoraphobia column and she was doing a series of photos of agoraphobics. Right now she's working on something called The Secret Life of Objects. Anyway, she sent me a book with the wonderful title, THE FASTER I WALK THE SMALLER I AM by Kjersti A. Skomsvold.  The first sentence reads as follows: "I like it when I can be done with something. Like a knitted ear warmer, like winter, spring summer, fall."  I can't wait to read it. It was such a nice surprise too.  And I listened to a teleconference lecture by Jean Houston. I probably would have skipped it but I had forwarded the link to a friend and she said she was going to listen so I decided to do so too. Of course it's meant to entice you to a course that costs money, but there was still some good stuff worth hearing. Other than that, it was a quiet day with nothing much to report.  I'm still trying to work up my courage to call the one of the debt relief places and see if they can help me find a way to pay down my debts faster. I have a feeling this is going to be one of those six months of procrastination things, but this agency (NFCC) is supposed to be free or cheap and trustworthy.



Think maybe I'll share the latest Stewart and Colbert SuperPac ad. Pure genius.  They did a joint segment on the Daily Show this evening which was so brilliant that I will hopefully remember to share it tomorrow, with apologies to those in Europe who apparently can't get those videos to run.



Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude, me trying to open my heart, mind, body and spirit to abundance and in so doing to inspire/invoke assistance from the Creative Forces of the Universe, who I hope will shower me with truckloads of money, clothes dryers and lots of other wonderful things.)
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • surprise presents
  • good books
  • friends
  • mail
  • Janet, our letter carrier
  • my house
  • weatherization
  • my furnace
  • A cozy day splurge day at 62 degrees
  • my warm robes
  • my heavy cape
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy, healthy and successful
  • that they seem to love me as I them
  • my coffee maker
  • coffee and Int'l Delight
  • anti-biotics in Tara's food is working great
  • my hair clip
  • Pandora radio
  • my awesome Bose speakers that my niece Diana gave me
  • music
  • the joy of listening
  • the joy of singing
  • the human voice
  • the boom box by my bed
  • sight
  • taste 
  • touch
  • hearing
  • smell
  • bread and butter
  • empty food dishes in the morning (means the girls are feeling good)
  • my  microwave
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the mute button
  • Netflix
  • water
  • the view from my front window
  • my camera
  • electricity
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my rock collection
  • art
  • literature
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • computer games
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • email
  • Google
  • YouTube
  • Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert and their SuperPac
  • their newest SuperPac ad (see above)
  • a clothes dryer
  • winning lottery numbers
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH (or a million a year)
  • new curtains
  • blinds for the front window
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • more flowers/landscaping in my back yard
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • lower interest rates
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • a paid off mortgage
  • non-violent demousification of my home (Out, out damned mouse)
  • a reading and healing with Nancy DuTertre
  • Nintendo
  • company/companionship
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • Jean Houston
  • Corinne Botz
  • surprise presents with lovely notes
  • my chair/walker
  • my cane
  • that my legs still wobble me around with help
  • thermal windows on a windy, windy night
  • the telephone
  • the gift of words I didn't make up myself for a future wordzzle week (thanks Argent)
  • feeling useful
  • my friends
  • my neighbors
  • that Spring isn't so very very far off
  • the sound of wind chimes
  • my grabber
  • cat toys
  • Tara's Fleece Box on the bottom shelf of the book case (she pretty much lives in it these days)
  • indoor plumbing
  • Dr. Bronner soaps
  • Dr. Ihhiru probiotic soap
  • my kitchen
  • my microwave
  • food
  • paper towels
  • ideas
  • imagination
  • words
  • poetry
  • art
  • photography
  • creativity
  • creative people
  • kindness
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • Vitiamin D-3
  • Miracle Foot Repair cream
  • resilience
  • determination
  • my body
  • breath
  • my fingers
  • memory foam
  • my mattress
  • blankets
  • Dennis Puffett
  • love
  • laughter
  • life
MAY YOU BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!


No comments: