Thursday, August 12, 2010

Daily Reminder # 74


The back yard has been very withholding the past few days. Nothing. Not one single photo, so I have to go back to the archives and they are getting kind of used up so there may be repeats. My apologies for that.And alas, I have nothing to say. Well I do have a lot to say but I don't have the energy to say it and it's mostly politics and I want to use a clip from The Daily Show but it isn't up yet so that will be for tomorrow probably.


I guess I'll just share a couple of very short poems. The first is an old anti-war poem. I have mixed feelings about Afghanistan. I think we shouldn't be there but I think we can't just leave. I don't know why so many people want to kill each other for any reason, but particularly for the absurd reasons that we come up with.


ON LOVE AND WAR

The call to arms is deep
Strong
Lonely buglers
Trumpet sad melodies
Of unborn dreams
Into the bellies of weeping women.

- Katherine E. Rabenau



and one of my old New York City poems...

BOWERY BLUES

Ancient ageless men
Weep whiskey tears
In the gutters of the city
And wash away nothing
Except their own reflections.
- Katherine E. Rabenau



Some things I'm grateful for today:

  • water
  • laughter
  • my shower
  • breezes
  • my house
  • my computer
  • my cats
  • naps
  • neighbors


HAVE A LOVELY DAY
and
MAY ALL YOUR DREAMS AND DAY DREAMS BE SWEET

3 comments:

The Bug said...

Wow - both of those poems are really fabulous!

The Bug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.