Sunday, August 22, 2010

Daily Reminder # 84


Apparently, the muse has left town and has taken all the birds and squirrels and chipmunks and woodchucks and... you get the idea. No new pictures, no inspiration. Something about August being vacation season or something like that.... Anyway, I will try to add something tomorrow morning, but for the moment, I'm just going to offer this... by way of thanks for visiting and reading....



THE FLOWER

What sweeter gift
Than one small burst of living beauty
For what is friendship
But a flower?

- Katherine E. Rabenau




Some things I'm grateful for today:

  • my niece's Diana's significant other, John... Happy Birthday to him!
  • my niece Diana and her sister Cynthia and their brother Matt
  • cat toys (the girls got some new ones)
  • flowers
  • the Muse (even when she hides)
  • Reiki
  • water


I Hope the Muse is With You
Since She has Abandoned Me

2 comments:

Felisol said...

Dear Raven,
Your poems are beautiful.
Your muse certainly hadn't abandoned you when you wrote "The Flower."
"One small burst of living beauty."

I hope you feel better and happier now, than earlier this day.
Your orange lilies make great friends.
So do the birds I don't know the name of.
I think counting joys (or stars) is an efficient way of making the blues fly.

Our daughter left for college today. I'm feeling a bit blue myself.
Gunnar (he really is an animal communicator), made a black, stray cat come and talk with him.
I ran indoors and found some food for the poor guy. He's looking so thin and hungry.
We've seen him all summer and now have decided we must feed him, since he keeps coming back.
(He just may have a family somewhere and we'll try to search for it.)
In our back garden we also have a hedgehog visitor.
I hope it will stay with us as well.
I fancy hedgehogs, they are so cute. I even have touched one after I gave him a snack of bread and liver paste.

Argent said...

Your muse is just fine, seems to me. It's a bleak wet Monday here but still I'm grateful for:
The internet
Buses
Tea
Friends