Friday, September 03, 2010

Daily Reminder # 96

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. I have a problem. I am in a phase of being addicted to Huffington Post and commenting ad nauseum there. All day. Didn't even play any games today. Just commented and waited for people to comment back. Eeeeeek... I need help. I will distract myself with remembering that there is more to life than Glenn Beck and hate speech and ... and... and.... So...           


Ok.... let me preface the rest of this post by saying that by the time I realized what a truly awful idea it is, it was too late to start over.... And I don't have any new pictures either.  Not the best day ever at Raven's Nest. Sorry. Too late to turn back, though... 


Gratitude is a glorious thing. It's an awesome and miraculous world. As I have mentioned before, I try to remember to start my day with gratitude. This morning for some reason, by gratitude took a turn to the alphabetical and I decided maybe it would be a fun game to do for today's reminder: five things for each letter of the alphabet to be grateful for. Not as easy as it sounds. A few letters I couldn't stop thinking of things. A few I had to stretch and I few I couldn't even stretch.




A


apples
amethyst
Angel Joy - naughty cat
art/artists
angels
autumn colors
















B


Bananas
beauty
batteries
butterflies
bees
books
brains
Bach


C


candy
cucumbers
cats
cheese
cinnamon
crystals
celery


D


dandylions
dogs
daffodils
democracy (such as it is)
dreams
deer
digital cameras














E


elephants
ears
education
eagles
eyes
e-mail


F


flowers
falling leaves
food
freedom
French fries
friends
fans
forgiveness


G


grapes
grapefruit
gravity
ginger
gratitude
gladiolas












H


honey
happiness
heather
humor
health


I


irises
imagination
ideas
impressionist painting
ice (as in cubes, not the stuff on sidewalks)
Irish brogues


J


joy
justice
jackals
jiffy pop
journalists (the rare and few)
















K


kisses
Kahlil Gibran
kangaroos
Koala bears
kitties 


L


lilacs
love
lemons
lavender
lasagne
lettuce
life












M
mozzarella cheese
money
music
movies
melons
mangoes
Mozart


N


nature
nuts
nieces
nephew
national parks


O


owls
ovens
organs
organic food
orange/ and oranges


P


praise
purple
pepper
the Prophet (by Kahlil Gibran)
poetry
politics (mixed blessing)


Q


quarters
quiet
quilts
Queen Anne's Lace
Quan Yin


R


rocks
roses
reiki
radishes
rabbits
ravens
Redemptions
rainbows















S


sparrows
sisters
singing/songs
showers
salad
Spring
salt
silliness
squash


T


turtles
taste
thought
tears
talent
Tibetan salt lamps
TV












U


umbrellas (not really... I hate umbrellas)
UPS
USPS
stumped for more here... 


V


violets
violins
vision
visitors


W


water
watermelon
whipped cream
wood chucks
woodpeckers


X


xerox
xylophones


Y


yellow
yogurt
Youtube
yard (my backyard... and front)


Z


Zen
zoos (I know many don't approve but some of my only memories of childhood are connected to the Bronx         Zoo and the Botanical Gardens)
Zuma
zeal
Zzzzzzzz......... 



HAVE A GREAT DAY! 
May Your Blessings be Numberless 
and Un-alphebetized


1 comment:

izzy said...

Zest ! zing! what fun- thanks!