Monday, December 19, 2011

Daily Reminder # 551


Many years ago, I managed to get accepted into the New York Choral Society (go figure) and before I wimped out and quit, sang a couple of holiday concerts at Carnegie Hall with Peter, Paul and Mary. Posted below is one of the songs we sang and it was one of my favorites. It was awesome fun to sing it.  There was another beautiful Chanukkah song that we sang but I couldn't find it. Sigh. Chanukkah begins at sundown on the 20th (when this post gets read even though it's posted near midnight the night before)  so....Happy Chanukkah, everyone!   And something kind of exciting is happening. A friend told me about an agoraphobic cow. (Did I mention this before?)  Her name is Cassie and she lives at that Maple Farms Sanctuary in Massachusetts.  We haven't worked out the times yet, but I'm really looking forward to the experience and hopef




And the Chanukkah story... 



This one is just silly, but the kids in the audience are so delighted that I thought I'd post it as well...




Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an effort to allow myself to want things, to consider the possibility that it would be ok for me to HAVE things and in so doing to inspire in the Creative Forces of the Universe an enthusiastic desire to GIVE me lots and lots of things including lots and lots of money... and to do so soon so I can enjoy it before I die and have it to share with others and leave behind for their pleasure too.)

I'm not sure why this little guy is a
CHRISTMAS moose, but that's what he is.
My Christmas Moose. That's his name.
He's cute, isn't he?
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my little house
  • my furnace
  • my fuzzy robe
  • blankets
  • Dr. Jim
  • electricity
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • sight
  • taste
  • touch
  • smell
  • hearing
  • lavender
  • allspice
  • music
  • Pandora radio
  • the joy of listening
  • the joy of singing
  • my awesome Bose Speakers that I got for Christmas from my niece Diana
  • the boom box by my bed
  • Christmas carols
  • memories
  • Peter, Paul and the late Mary
  • cool life experiences (even if I did have a raging fever during the concerts and missed the cast party at Peter Yarrow's house)
  • YouTube
  • Google
  • learning new things
  • Healing with the Masters
  • Dennis Puffett
  • care2.com
  • thehungersite.com
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • Cassie the Cow
  • my camera
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • email
  • SKYPE
  • Blogger
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the mute button
  • my kitchen
  • my bathroom
  • indoor plumbing
  • the weatherizing that Delaware Opportunities did for me
  • that Tara isn't sneezing
  • Angel hugs
  • Netflix
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • winning lottery numbers
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • lower interest rates
  • a paid off mortgage
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • more flowers/landscaping in my back yard
  • new curtains
  • blinds for the front window
  • a reading and healing with Nancy DuTertre
  • company/companionship
  • Nintendo
  • a clothes dryer
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • Vitamin D-3
  • Coconut oil
  • miracle foot cream
  • Shannon, who turned 15 today
  • Dr. Jim
  • my neighbors
  • my friends
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy, healthy and successful
  • joy
  • imagination
  • the colors of the rainbow
  • breath
  • my body
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • the capacity for change
  • paper towels
  • my rock collection
  • Janet, the mail carrier
  • my chair/walker
  • my cane
  • that my legs still get me around with help
  • duct tape
  • my Christmas moose
  • words
  • poetry
  • ideas
  • creativity
  • art
  • computer games
  • my mattress
  • blankets
  • the view from my front window
  • Nature
  • tree branches against the sky
  • pink cloud sunsets
  • my grabber (so handy to retrieve Angel's toys)
  • love
  • hope
  • resilience
  • determination
  • laughter
  • life
I don't know why, but the little frog toy is generally
shunned by Angel. She love the toy mice, but will
have none of this toy. Cats are just as goofy as people.

WISHING YOU A SONG IN YOUR HEART 
AND A DAY OF WONDERS!
oh... and Happy Chanukkah!

No comments: